• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RANDOM QUESTIONS

10 posts in this topic

Questions keeping me up at night:

1. I purchased a bronze age Rocky Mountain book recently. It was 9.8/WP but the back cover was pretty badly yellowed. Is this typical of this pedigree?

2. How do you identify a married cover?

3. How do you identify a Canadian edition? Of particular interest to me are 40s/50s Standards.

4. I thought I read once that Action Comics #1 (the 1938 one) went to presses twice. I can't find the source now. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Thank you

1. I purchased a bronze age Rocky Mountain book recently. It was 9.8/WP but the back cover was pretty badly yellowed. Is this typical of this pedigree?

A: No. I peed on it.

A: It's miserable and can't wait to go to work every day.

3. How do you identify a Canadian edition? Of particular interest to me are 40s/50s Standards.

A: They smell of beer and pine trees.

4. I thought I read once that Action Comics #1 (the 1938 one) went to presses twice. I can't find the source now. Does anyone know if this is the case?

A: That was Superman #1. Not AC #1.

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

:roflmao:

Thank you

1....Yellow cover stock on RM books is not typical

2.....The staples are removed and then reinserted. They won't line up with the staple grooves at the centerfold

3.....Canadian prints are sometimes identified as such in the indicia. The ads and/or numbering may be different.

4.....Many early GA issues had second printings(those that sold unusually well)....some marked, some not.

5.....WTTBs

.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You're welcome.

:roflmao:

+1

2.....The staples are removed and then reinserted. They won't line up with the staple grooves at the centerfold

3.....Canadian prints are sometimes identified as such in the indicia. The ads and/or numbering may be different.

2. Also the cover of the book is usually of a much superior quality to the interior of the book (quite often married books have unused covers left over from printers).

3. I might add that (at least in the case of E.C.s) Canadian printings used inferior paper stock.

Hows about postin' one of them picture thingies so's we can see what you mean hoss?