• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros saw how much Marvel's The Avengers made.....

105 posts in this topic

So now they're bring back the Justice League movie from "development hell"

And now they got a writer for the Wonder Woman movie too.

How do you all think they should release the JL movie?

They can't do what Marvel did with solo movies because they're already far behind :P

Just do Kingdom Come, no lead in, no back story( other than character

identification), just go right into it. Use the books as they were written, perfect.

I have read comics my entire life (well, almost), and it took me a year to figure out everything that happened in that book and who everyone was.

Not sure that would exactly work.

What is the perfect JLA story? Wouldn't it have to revolve around Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman confronting a threat which is too big for them to handle on their own, and then recruiting other heroes?

the problem is that Superman & WW are terribly boring and Batman doesn't work well in a group. given that, Starro has definite potential :P

Nah, I don't buy this. Superman is definitely an interesting character. Different from everyone else, as his real identity is Superman, and he takes a fake identity to fit in with the world. With ultimate power comes ultimate responsibility. Just so many possibilities for good stories, yet they come up with Lex Luthor real estate schemes.

I think Miles is right. DC is just too dumb to do it.

WB is promoting new Green Arrow TV series called "Arrow". The actor is a different guy than the one who portrayed GA in Smallville.

IMHO, WB may have to use TV to introduce all the secondary heroes and then do a JLA movie.

If Marvel can build a franchise around secondary characters like Thor, Blade, Ghost Rider, and actually make money, I don't see why WB can't do the same. WB needs to hire writers who are actually comic book fans and understand the characters.

Cheers!

N.