• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros saw how much Marvel's The Avengers made.....

105 posts in this topic

He has superhero experience with Shark Boy and Lava Girl.

He was Shark Boy?!?

My kids were just watching that piece of garbage saturday and i had no clue that was him ???

How do you all think they should release the JL movie?
Justin Beiber as Superman, Selena Gomez as Wonder Woman, Robert Pattison as Batman, Taylor Lautner as Aquaman...

By now, why bother. :roflmao:

Make mine Marvel (for now). rantrant

I would actually cast Taylor Launter as Kyle Rayner.

I think they should do a Teen Titans movie,since everyone has seen the TV series 2c

H8Ter! It's Lautner. :sumo:

I only know because I actually liked Abduction. He's still going to Heck in the end for New Moon. lol

Take it easy :blush:

I didn't know I misspelled his name doh!

He was Shark Boy?!?

My kids were just watching that piece of garbage saturday and i had no clue that was him ???

lol

I was just watching Spy Kids 3 on Blu and recognized Selena Gomez.

Those Rodriguez kids film casting directors. An eye for "talent" and "talent" for making garbage. hm

He was Shark Boy?!?

Yes,he was in that piece of of movie :sick:

So now they're bring back the Justice League movie from "development hell"

And now they got a writer for the Wonder Woman movie too.

They can't do what Marvel did with solo movies because they're already far behind :P

They're going to miss the point then.

The entire reason the Avengers did so well was because they already laid the groundwork with Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Hulk.

Even DKR had a terrific initial Batman movie to springboard off of, and that is Batman - their lead character.

They (both franchises) had a bunch of rabid cliff hanger junkies primed.

A JLA movie if done well COULD break records if it is set up correctly but if it's just a one off it might make it to Spidey or IM 1 heights ($300MIL). Still a good thing to bank on, but you won't get $1BIL exposure without the groundwork.

I saw that in the theatre with my kids.

:facepalm:

They can't do what Marvel did with solo movies because they're already far behind :P

The entire reason the Avengers did so well was because they already laid the groundwork with Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Hulk.

Even DKR had a terrific initial Batman movie to springboard off of, and that is Batman - their lead character.

A JLA movie if done well COULD break records if it is set up correctly but if it's just a one off it might make it to Spidey or IM 1 heights ($300MIL). Still a good thing to bank on, but you won't get $1BIL exposure without the groundwork.

All good points hm

I think that if they realize that they need to pour some serious effort into their next movie, then it's a good thing.

I'm not a big JLA fan simply because I was an FF guy but I'd still watch it more than once if it's good.

:cloud9:

All good points hm
Let's see. hm

There was Catwoman, Green Lantern, Superman Returns...

Even a Steel movie and probably more vanity studio-driven vanity pieces.

I guess their groundwork collapsed under bloated budgeted ego trips, that failed to find an Dark Knight-like (or Avengers) audience.

Same will happen here. My 2c

Ryan Reynolds as Wally West? I am hoping this movie rocks. Mostly so SUFUNK pulls his head outta Steve Rogers' arse.

lol yeah, let's allow him to ruin another comic book character. he's two for two. the pretty boy can't act. let's bury him in a box w/ only a cellphone like in that other movie of his that bombed.

All good points hm
Let's see. hm

I guess their groundwork collapsed under bloated budgeted ego trips, that failed to find an Dark Knight-like (or Avengers) audience.

They made those movies but they were never in the same mold. They all felt like they were different universes. When you watch Iron Man, and Thor and Cap they all feel like they are made to fit together.

Ryan Reynolds as Wally West? I am hoping this movie rocks. Mostly so SUFUNK pulls his head outta Steve Rogers' arse.

lol yeah, let's allow him to ruin another comic book character. he's two for two. the pretty boy can't act. let's bury him in a box w/ only a cellphone like in that other movie of his that bombed.

He wise-azzed his way through another character too. :gossip:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=254266&Number=5584057#Post5584057

They could maybe get some good traction with a year or two of exposure other than full blown 2 hours movies. Some neat hulu/netflix/whatever shorts, a la the serials of days gone by ... or 7-10 minute shorts shown before features in the theater .. or as bonus content on DVDs and whatnot.

They could use them to introduce characters, tie them together in the same universe, have a little Superman and Batman in there to show they mean business...

All good points hm
Let's see. hm

They made those movies but they were never in the same mold. They all felt like they were different universes. When you watch Iron Man, and Thor and Cap they all feel like they are made to fit together.

I get what you mean, but I was going with Warner not being able to find an domestic audience with a solo outing and the point of what makes it think they can sell a movie with all of them put together all of sudden.

All good points hm
Let's see. hm

I get what you mean, but I was going with Warner not being able to find an domestic audience with a solo outing and the point of what makes it think they can sell a movie with all of them put together all of sudden.

It's so much more about the writer/director/-script/actors than it is about the characters. The dumbest characters in the world have fantastic movies, and some great characters have terrible ones.

Ryan Reynolds would make a better Wally West than Hal Jordan.

Just get Nathan Fillion as GL,no one will know the different lol:insane:

It think the current plan is to cast Ryan Reynolds to play every superhero eventually.

Warner Bros has already lain the groundwork with a series of Animated DVDs and their long running Batman/Justice League series.

I've been watching the Green Lantern series (and Young Justice) and they're very watchable.

(And Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman really need no introduction...)

With the Green Arrow syndicated Smallville-Type show (with Black Canary) coming out, they basically have the Justice League already set.