• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Easter Color ASM 42 revealed

68 posts in this topic

I was hammered on the boards when I showed the stamp Eastern Color File Copy.

Every kind of conspiracy theories that this book had been compromised by Danny D and his minions. One of the best was the married cover claim plus the trimmers. Ok the book came back and my $40 investment has paid off regardless of restored or not. CGC says that the bottom of the cover was trimmed (why?) not the top and some small amount of color touch by an amature not a professional. However it is the 2nd highest graded PLOD and the 3rd highest graded book (among others). I still maintain that the stamp is authentic and that the restoration was done elsewhere. Why some insufficiently_thoughtful_person would tamper with a Near Mint book is a mystery.

nzf2j4.jpg

o8t4s4.jpg

ao8d1i.jpg

When I showed the file stamp I never knew what kind of :censored: storm it was going to unleash. However I have to admit it made my late winter on the board very entertaining.

Many of you told me that the book was trimmed. married, a frankenstien and would be hammered as far as a potential grade. Since I had sent in the book right after I bought it I could not check it again personally and only could look at the scans I had and my personal memories.

There was so much talk about fake Eastern Color File copies (by the way I live in CT the home of Eastern Color) and claims that they never existed. I think this shows that EC File copies are real.

I'm very happy the way this turned out. It would have been nicer if it was a Blue Label 9.4 but a PLOD 9.4 is like kissing your sister.

I was asked to post the scans of the book when it came back and as a man of my word and a long time collector ('60s) and long time board member here it is.

Thank you to all my supporter and thank you to those who slammed me it made for a very interesting winter!

I'm sure I will see many of the same comments from the other thread, but that's ok because this is one of my favorite books. I had another one signed by John Romita SR that I thought was Blue came back 8.0 trimmed on 2 sided that was a PLOD surprise :tonofbricks:

Does anyone have a link to the old thread? I'm almost positive I said the bottom was trimmed but that I thought it was still a sweet book hm

I'll stick with that. Normally I'd avoid a trimmed book but that's about the nicest 42 I've seen. I'd take that book for 40 beans every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Congrats :applause:

CGC didn't mark this a File Copy.

No, no, no, I'm curious as to how long it took to get graded!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

:baiting:

Does anyone have a link to the old thread? I'm almost positive I said the bottom was trimmed but that I thought it was still a sweet book hm

I'll stick with that. Normally I'd avoid a trimmed book but that's about the nicest 42 I've seen. I'd take that book for 40 beans every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Looks like I can only go back to May. But if you had the bottom trimmed congrats good eyes

Link to your statement.

CGC didn't mark this a File Copy.

No, no, no, I'm curious as to how long it took to get graded!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

:baiting:

Roy I sent this on on 1/5 as Economy.. just got it back today.

:ohnoez:

Link to your statement.

Thanks!!! brings back memories :foryou:

Personally I don't care if they did not they didn't I have the scan from the original book.

:devil:

The point is, if the stamp was authentic, you would expect it to be marked a file copy. As far as your $40 investment paying off, I looked at GPA and a 9.0 SP sold in 8/11 for $37.

Personally I don't care if they did not they didn't I have the scan from the original book.

The point is, if the stamp was authentic, you would expect it to be marked a file copy. As far as your $40 investment paying off, I looked at GPA and a 9.0 SP sold in 8/11 for $37.

Right what is the markdown on a PLOD 50%? if so a 9.4 Blue is $700+.

Even at 20-30% I'm happy

:sumo:

:eek:

Last blue 9.0 brought $300, so more like 85%. :(

The spread between blue and purple gets larger as you go up the grading scale.