• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,117 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2024 at 4:26 AM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

Finally the missing piece of the puzzle has been complete. Special thanks for @Kevlar for getting Patrick Stewart to sign this. Also shoutout to Captured Collectibles and @inthehottub for getting the others. 

I’m happy your book turned out so well. I sent mine to the same signing and got this back. $400 and they can’t even be bothered to make sure Sir Patrick is signing with a pen that works. I spent 3 years going to cons collecting these sigs & it makes me so sick to look at I’ll probably end up selling. I’d never recommend anyone use Twin Cities for any book they care about bc they clearly don’t. 

IMG_4693.jpeg

On 3/23/2024 at 12:31 PM, Cman429 said:

I’m happy your book turned out so well. I sent mine to the same signing and got this back. $400 and they can’t even be bothered to make sure Sir Patrick is signing with a pen that works. I spent 3 years going to cons collecting these sigs & it makes me so sick to look at I’ll probably end up selling. I’d never recommend anyone use Twin Cities for any book they care about bc they clearly don’t. 

IMG_4693.jpeg

Honestly, I think the signature looks great on your book. I also debated if I should have went with Silver ink instead of Gold ink.It would not surprise me if this was the only opportunity that Patrick will sign. Looking at the census, I only see 4 of these books signed and out of the 4 slabs, it is only us two that has Patrick's signature, but I'm mostly likely wrong though. So you have a very rare piece and it would be a shame if you got rid of it, but I know you will get a pretty penny because you have a gem. I feel bad you this left a bas taste with Twins Cities Comics. When you sent yours for the signing, did you send in your own window bag? All for my submissions that I've done with TCC, I've included my own precut window bags and I included a masking tape on the slab itself so they have an idea of where to sign it. TCC has been great to me thus far and I've been using them for many years. TTC is different facilatator compared to others because he solely focuses on celebrities and it would be be hard to find someone else too. 

On 3/23/2024 at 7:48 PM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

Forgot to post this with my other Star Trek Slab. Thanks to @Kevlar for getting Patrick Stewart to sign this. This turned out great!

image.thumb.jpeg.bf8cf66716ba7a1eb19f287dd03c4d2a.jpeg

:golfclap:I was wondering if you sent this one in to get signed by Sir Patrick Stewart.  Very nice - congrats!

On 3/23/2024 at 8:58 PM, DELTA 62 said:

:golfclap:I was wondering if you sent this one in to get signed by Sir Patrick Stewart.  Very nice - congrats!

Yeah, I wish I could afford more signatures, but these two were the best candidates in my collectiions. I had some X-Men covers I wanted to send out. Unfortunately, this hobby is too expensive. :dollars:

On 3/23/2024 at 3:54 PM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

Honestly, I think the signature looks great on your book. I also debated if I should have went with Silver ink instead of Gold ink.It would not surprise me if this was the only opportunity that Patrick will sign. Looking at the census, I only see 4 of these books signed and out of the 4 slabs, it is only us two that has Patrick's signature, but I'm mostly likely wrong though. So you have a very rare piece and it would be a shame if you got rid of it, but I know you will get a pretty penny because you have a gem. I feel bad you this left a bas taste with Twins Cities Comics. When you sent yours for the signing, did you send in your own window bag? 

Yes, I always window bag my own books, I’m very specific about placement and color used. The placement doesn’t bother me, it’s the fact they used a DEAD pen. Trust me, the picture makes it look much better than it is - in person you can barely see the sig it’s so faint. For $400 you’d think there’s some quality control. I don’t care about money, I spent years traveling cons to get these sigs and it just makes me sick to see it ruined by careless facilitators. I’d NEVER recommend Twin Cities to anyone after this experience. I probably won’t sell it but looking at it upsets me so much I can’t display it anymore so it seems like a waste to keep in a box in my attic. Oh well, live and learn. 

On 3/24/2024 at 2:55 PM, Cman429 said:

Yes, I always window bag my own books, I’m very specific about placement and color used. The placement doesn’t bother me, it’s the fact they used a DEAD pen. Trust me, the picture makes it look much better than it is - in person you can barely see the sig it’s so faint. For $400 you’d think there’s some quality control. I don’t care about money, I spent years traveling cons to get these sigs and it just makes me sick to see it ruined by careless facilitators. I’d NEVER recommend Twin Cities to anyone after this experience. I probably won’t sell it but looking at it upsets me so much I can’t display it anymore so it seems like a waste to keep in a box in my attic. Oh well, live and learn. 

Yeah I totally understand your frustration. Anyone in your shoes will also be mad too, heck I would be disappointed too. That said, I too have my fair shares or frustrations too with facilatators and mistakes are not supposed to happen, but they do though. There are always risks involved with this hobby. For your sake, I do hope that Patrick Stewart makes another appeareance at a con that you attend and correct this mistake. I wish I could travel the US to attend cons and get things signs, but I don't have that luxury unfortunately hence why I put my faith in facilatators. 

On 3/25/2024 at 2:09 AM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

Got the TMNT cartoon cast to sign this book. I'm fine with the grade because I actually interacted with each of them at San Francisco Fan Expo.

image.thumb.jpeg.f49a63887f38ff1adf93a96c0de03be1.jpeg

Oh wow - what a cool book / magazine you got signed by them!

On 3/25/2024 at 1:32 PM, DELTA 62 said:

Oh wow - what a cool book / magazine you got signed by them!

Thanks! I actually ordered the same magazine in NM condition, but it didn't arrive in time. Oh well! If I happens again, I will definately do it again. The cast of TMNT are great people to interact with. 

On 3/29/2024 at 11:28 AM, Bigphatpaulie said:

Glad to see fellow Trekkies here.

I have my copy completed too.  Overall I'm happy with most of them except for Frakes and McFadden.  Frakes was the only hombre that didn't sign next to his picture and McFadden's Signature on mine looks super lazy.  After those two I made sure the rest sign next to their characters. 

StarTrekSignatures.thumb.jpg.331d08cb08e3d926479027caf92e3ce9.jpg

So your the only 9.8 in the Census? Nice! Congrats! ^^

On 3/23/2024 at 4:26 AM, BbqP.Bun85 said:

Finally the missing piece of the puzzle has been complete. Special thanks for @Kevlar for getting Patrick Stewart to sign this. Also shoutout to Captured Collectibles and @inthehottub for getting the others. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c2adbb7a725cd2ae73706a032bd0a811.jpeg

Hoping that at some point I might be able to add the rest, but if not I can live with mine. Funny enough I just realized the label on mine is wrong, but I'll leave it alone. Frakes signed on 5/13 and Spiner and McFadden signed on 4/21.  Congrats on a complete book!

STNG-TTM-5.jpg

Edited by Mayor006