• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 high grade

15 posts in this topic

The seller has a history of buying lower grade books restored and unrestored cracking them from the slabs and then listing them as a higher grade raw. Often times he does not disclose all the restoration that was done.

Actually it's a 9.2 per CGC...sold for $8550 as a 9.2...they'll probably get $12K+ as a pseudo 9.6... :tonofbricks::sumo:

fuggers! :boo:

CLINK AUCTION

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3Damazing%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D15%26Condition%3D%26ConditionTo%3D%26CensusRank%3D%26SearchPageQuality%3D%26Pedigree%3D%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DCATEG%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=912713

AF_15_92.jpg

It's the same book...technically not fraud but still coated with the unethical slime that only bijoubaby05 perpetrates... :censored:

af15-2.jpg

af15-1.jpg

Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood board sleuth...and friends...

Keeping one transaction honest at a time...as best we can... :wishluck:

Feel free to flood the listing and spam the mess out of these bastids! :devil:

So he cracks it open and regrades it. I wonder if it was resubmitted to CGC if it would come back a 9.4 or higher? .He did mention it was restored. I am so tired of people swooning over CGC grades as if they are written in stone. They are not.

Right on Sal....I agree....its morally wrong. The intent is there. BUT, it is not morally wrong if you actually disagree with CGC's grade.

Considering bijoubaby05's not claiming the grade is 9.6 and 'unrestored', is there really an issue? What exactly is the 'scam' with this particular listing? He's disclosed the resto and just graded it higher in 'his opinion'.

Grading is subjective, even at CGC, considering the amount of books that are cracked and re-subbed and come back at higher grades.

You guys have missed the whole point. That eBay listing is fraudulent, period. The issue is not about the previous grade by CGC, or how bijoubaby05 grades it(though hinting that it's a 9.6 is wrong).

Read the description one more time, and then compare that to the CGC label which discloses the restoration.

The listing does not disclose every bit of the known restoration. By leaving out any of that information, assuming the seller has that, the listing is fraudulent. He can call it any grade he likes, that is not in dispute.

The seller cannot knowingly leave out critical details of the item, that misleads buyers to think it's worth more than it is. That is fraud.

The other thread has turned into a CGC bashing debate, so I re-post the above here.

So he cracks it open and regrades it. I wonder if it was resubmitted to CGC if it would come back a 9.4 or higher? .He did mention it was restored. I am so tired of people swooning over CGC grades as if they are written in stone. They are not.

Right on Sal....I agree....its morally wrong. The intent is there. BUT, it is not morally wrong if you actually disagree with CGC's grade.

Considering bijoubaby05's not claiming the grade is 9.6 and 'unrestored', is there really an issue? What exactly is the 'scam' with this particular listing? He's disclosed the resto and just graded it higher in 'his opinion'.

Grading is subjective, even at CGC, considering the amount of books that are cracked and re-subbed and come back at higher grades.

You guys have missed the whole point. That eBay listing is fraudulent, period. The issue is not about the previous grade by CGC, or how bijoubaby05 grades it(though hinting that it's a 9.6 is wrong).

Read the description one more time, and then compare that to the CGC label which discloses the restoration.

The listing does not disclose every bit of the known restoration. By leaving out any of that information, assuming the seller has that, the listing is fraudulent. He can call it any grade he likes, that is not in dispute.

The seller cannot knowingly leave out critical details of the item, that misleads buyers to think it's worth more than it is. That is fraud.

The other thread has turned into a CGC bashing debate, so I re-post the above here.

THX Don! Some of these newbs...the trippy-shill in particular...seem to want to ignore obvious (AND VERY IMPORTANT RELEVANT) details in their lame points-of-view... :o(shrug)

Issue here is that (s)he continues to get away with it. We represent the most informed (but only a slight minority) of the buyers out there (larger % of the sellers :) ) and wish there was something that could be done to stop this illegal/immoral (call it what you will, it reeks anyways) from happening.

Dearest Noobs,

The best way to learn I guess would be to fatten Bijou's criminal pocket. Keep wishful thinking up until reality sets in. The day you wake up and realize you bilked out of your hard earned cash, only then will you have passed comic book buying 101. Proceed as you wish, I will watch from a distance and keep my "I told ya so" to a minimum.