• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LG Tech 33 just purchased...need some help grading...

49 posts in this topic

Peewee, are you at all open to restoring this or are you looking to keep it unrestored? Ze-Man could get it put back together through leafcasting, and you'd have a stunning copy on hand. Obviously, it'd be extensively restored, and for the amount you paid, I'm not whether it would decrease or increase the book's value though.

And Tec 33... :cloud9:

Peewee, are you at all open to restoring this or are you looking to keep it unrestored? Ze-Man could get it put back together through leafcasting, and you'd have a stunning copy on hand. Obviously, it'd be extensively restored, and for the amount you paid, I'm not whether it would decrease or increase the book's value though.

And Tec 33... :cloud9:

No way. I know it could be restored. Already submitted to CGC. I'm pretty sure it will get a Blue 1.0. If so, we're happy! :banana:

Thanks for the pointers though. (thumbs u

All pages present, Front cover looks nice. 1st 7 pages torn bottom left (see 1st 2 scans). 0.5 or 1.0 ?

Graded a Universal 1.5. I am one happy :banana:

Congrats!

Just wondering what the PQ ending up being?

Can anyone give me an estimated value of this book, now that it is graded?

Tec 33, 1.5 Universal, SB pages (Cover completely detached and split)

O R I G I N of the B A T !!!!

:applause:

Awesome! I would be THRILLED to own a copy like that!

As for GPA:

1.5 Universal - $5079 (Feb. 2009)

And to give you something more recent...

A 1.0 Qualified went for $5851 in March 2011.

GAtor mentioned the 1.0 Qualified that sold in March 2011 for $5,851 only had staples replaced and nicer PQ. Hard to calc a fair value for my 1.5 comparing it to this 1.0. (shrug)

Should have book in hand late next week and will post it. (thumbs u

So FMV around $7k?

My guess is in the $5K range with the Slightly Brittle page designation. If the buyer can hang on for the long term certainly he will do better. On the other hand, the DKR Movie Gambit/Corbomite Maneuver/Shaolin Monkey Fu might trump all.

So FMV around $7k?

My guess is in the $5K range with the Slightly Brittle page designation. If the buyer can hang on for the long term certainly he will do better. On the other hand, the DKR Movie Gambit/Corbomite Maneuver/Shaolin Monkey Fu might trump all.

This book will be in Bryan's (son) collection long after I'm gone. I wanted an estimate to make sure I did not overpay.

So FMV around $7k?

This book will be in Bryan's (son) collection long after I'm gone. I wanted an estimate to make sure I did not overpay.

:applause:

So FMV around $7k?

Didn't know it had slightly brittle pages. Since it does, than yea around $5k. A great book to have in one's collection no doubt. Congrats again! :applause:

GAtor mentioned the 1.0 Qualified that sold in March 2011 for $5,851 only had staples replaced and nicer PQ. Hard to calc a fair value for my 1.5 comparing it to this 1.0. (shrug)

This is the one you are talking about. Not staples replaced. Married back cover.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=405848

This is the one you are talking about. Not staples replaced. Married back cover.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=405848

I see my copy being worth more than this one. Even with the OW/W PQ compare to my SB. Marriage is bad... hmlol