• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent purchase at a small waste of time show (I thought!)

15 posts in this topic

I got these from some grouchy guy standing in front of several dis-organized boxes of books at a small local show. I paid a total of $160 for the group plus two Nova #1 for a buck each. He bought them off the stand.

spiderman71s.jpg

spiderman99s.jpg

spiderman119s.jpg

spiderman120s.jpg

spiderman121s.jpg

It was a really surprising show. Lots of low grade junk and new toys. This guy was standing there looking pretty annoyed. I started to flip though his stuff and I found the 71. He said if I like Spiderman's he had several more and proceeded to search through the boxes and pull out several other. He told me he was trying to get rid of the rest of his collection and If I bought 5 books he would give them to me at 1/2 the asking price. I wish he had more (Or my son would not have started crying! so I could look more).

Although I settled on Batman as my main collecting interest, I grew up with both Spiderman and Batman. I still want to finish my Spiderman run, but at a reasonable price so I am always happy to hit these deals.