• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I really want option seven..but im leaving on a jet plane tomorrow....no longer a visit,but a funeral..

RIP Dixie... :sorry:

My condolences on your loss and the lost opportunity to spend some more time with your friend prior to his passing.

Me too but… Cheer up, you said he was fine and at peace. Be close to the family. (thumbs u

I wonder if anyone ever actually got hired by Marvel using that book or was it just a cold blooded money grab on hopeful artists.

Money making idea: Post flyers: Looking for the next RAP star!!! $100 entry fee!!

You would get so many entrants your mind would blow up.

I wonder if anyone ever actually got hired by Marvel using that book or was it just a cold blooded money grab on hopeful artists.

Money making idea: Post flyers: Looking for the next RAP star!!! $100 entry fee!!

Why can't it be both?

In 1983, Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter created the Marvel Try-out Book to draw new talent into the comic book industry. The contest involved a deconstructed comic book in which contestants could complete the comic and submit it to Marvel. The winner would be awarded a professional assignment with Marvel.

At 27 years old, Mark Bagley entered the contest and won first place for penciling. This led to a series of low profile penciling jobs including jobs for Marvel's New Universe line and backup stories in Captain America. A majority of his work during this time was for the first series of Marvel Universe Trading cards.

Shipping on me anywhere in the world. First :takeit: gets it.

Choose any TWO options.

Option 1

fz9UgU2.jpg

BJY9vjO.jpg

1984 LJN Dune Sardaukar Warrior

Mint on card, new in package, never opened... Yadda yadda yadda

This is the most sought after and coveted figure out of the toy line.

Option 2

valZGQz.jpg

EJt2j3m.jpg

Captain Marvel No.73

Option 3

qeDx7T7.jpg

B2ONAUC.jpg

naucCzm.jpg

1997 Galoob Micro Machines Aliens Collections 2 & 3

New in package, never opened

1999 ERTL Alien model kit which is also new and unopened

Option 4

X6y1t1C.jpg

k4UHVuT.jpg

7JGXWw0.jpg

1950's Cisco Kid Premium Cereal Ring

This is a rare variant that does not have "Cisco Kid" embossed on it's sides!

Also, a reprint copy of the rare 45 page pulp magazine FANCIFUL TALES #1 published in Fall of 1936 by Donald Wallheim (Shephard & Wallheim) in New York. It contains:

THE NAMELESS CITY by H.P. Lovecraft - the first Cthulhu mythos story

SOLOMON KANE'S HOMECOMING by Robert E. Howard - a two page poem, with a dedication to Howard following his recent passing

THE MAN FROM DARK VALLEY by August Derleth

THE ELECTRIC WORLD by Kenneth B. Pritchard

Option 5

oeTvZno.jpg

*Adults Only*

True Police Cases FEB 1986

Weird cult crime sex stories

Option 6

JUQeDvf.jpg

TvxNAQn.jpg

6 good reader issues of Savage Sword 38, 56, 48, 57, 89 & 102 & Marvel super special no.2

And also a copy of Conan of the Isles graphic novel

Option 7

VveVRc4.jpg

Monster Melodies 12-inch LP

Frankie Stein and his ghouls

Option 8

f2Vrb38.jpg

Game of Thrones seasons 1 & 2 DVD sets

Option 9

Z8QlPRh.jpg

cBi9X8M.jpg

YX7U4Jo.jpg

DC Comics 1978 Super Dictionary

1st printing hardback. Cover by Joe Kubert. The Super Dictionary is a learning dictionary for young children. 416 full color Super Dictionary pages. Published by Warner Educational Services in partnership with DC Comics.

Option 10

j67ubPN.jpg

5 DC Comics Batman pin backs/badges/buttons

Top row: 1982, 1989, 1989

Bottom row: 1982, 1964

Hang tight gang, I'll post some new offers later tonight

:takeit: - pm incoming.

Will have my offer up shortly...

Why can't it be both?

In 1983, Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter created the Marvel Try-out Book to draw new talent into the comic book industry. The contest involved a deconstructed comic book in which contestants could complete the comic and submit it to Marvel. The winner would be awarded a professional assignment with Marvel.

At 27 years old, Mark Bagley entered the contest and won first place for penciling. This led to a series of low profile penciling jobs including jobs for Marvel's New Universe line and backup stories in Captain America. A majority of his work during this time was for the first series of Marvel Universe Trading cards.

Wow he was a ^^

I'll cover shipping to the US. These suckers are heavy so I'll cover the first $20 anywhere else...

New season and compendium 3 coming soon. Get these now to get caught up!!! These cover issues #1-96

Both books are in great condition. I've passed these around to all my friends, now it's time to pass them to someone else to read (thumbs u

wd_zpscbqjwmx6.jpg

Shipping on me anywhere in the world. First :takeit: gets it.

Choose any TWO options.

Option 1

fz9UgU2.jpg

BJY9vjO.jpg

1984 LJN Dune Sardaukar Warrior

Mint on card, new in package, never opened... Yadda yadda yadda

This is the most sought after and coveted figure out of the toy line.

Option 2

valZGQz.jpg

EJt2j3m.jpg

Captain Marvel No.73

Option 3

qeDx7T7.jpg

B2ONAUC.jpg

naucCzm.jpg

1997 Galoob Micro Machines Aliens Collections 2 & 3

New in package, never opened

1999 ERTL Alien model kit which is also new and unopened

Option 4

X6y1t1C.jpg

k4UHVuT.jpg

7JGXWw0.jpg

1950's Cisco Kid Premium Cereal Ring

This is a rare variant that does not have "Cisco Kid" embossed on it's sides!

Also, a reprint copy of the rare 45 page pulp magazine FANCIFUL TALES #1 published in Fall of 1936 by Donald Wallheim (Shephard & Wallheim) in New York. It contains:

THE NAMELESS CITY by H.P. Lovecraft - the first Cthulhu mythos story

SOLOMON KANE'S HOMECOMING by Robert E. Howard - a two page poem, with a dedication to Howard following his recent passing

THE MAN FROM DARK VALLEY by August Derleth

THE ELECTRIC WORLD by Kenneth B. Pritchard

Option 5

oeTvZno.jpg

*Adults Only*

True Police Cases FEB 1986

Weird cult crime sex stories

Option 6

JUQeDvf.jpg

TvxNAQn.jpg

6 good reader issues of Savage Sword 38, 56, 48, 57, 89 & 102 & Marvel super special no.2

And also a copy of Conan of the Isles graphic novel

Option 7

VveVRc4.jpg

Monster Melodies 12-inch LP

Frankie Stein and his ghouls

Option 8

f2Vrb38.jpg

Game of Thrones seasons 1 & 2 DVD sets

Option 9

Z8QlPRh.jpg

cBi9X8M.jpg

YX7U4Jo.jpg

DC Comics 1978 Super Dictionary

1st printing hardback. Cover by Joe Kubert. The Super Dictionary is a learning dictionary for young children. 416 full color Super Dictionary pages. Published by Warner Educational Services in partnership with DC Comics.

Option 10

j67ubPN.jpg

5 DC Comics Batman pin backs/badges/buttons

Top row: 1982, 1989, 1989

Bottom row: 1982, 1964

Hang tight gang, I'll post some new offers later tonight

:takeit: - pm incoming.

Will have my offer up shortly...

^^

Yea and Mark Bagley has been super successful too. He's still going strong. He also defined Spider-Man for two generations- Amazing in the 90s and then Ultimate in the 00s. That is pretty cool, IMO.

He had that contest in the 'Bag'

I'll cover shipping to the US. These suckers are heavy so I'll cover the first $20 anywhere else...

New season and compendium 3 coming soon. Get these now to get caught up!!! These cover issues #1-96

Both books are in great condition. I've passed these around to all my friends, now it's time to pass them to someone else to read (thumbs u

wd_zpscbqjwmx6.jpg

CGPXsm7.jpg

BAGGINS BUMP

Man, I guess everyone here has probably already read The Walking Dead.

Unfortunately I'm stuck at work on this beautiful Friday so I'm not able to post anything new until this evening. However, I'll go ahead and post up a couple of offers from my last PIF to see if anyone is interested in the meantime. All offers are shipped free in the US and the first $20 covered anywhere else:

Offer 1: Scalped starter lot. I started this run but don't think I'll ever finish it. If you've been thinking about putting together this series here's a great start: 3-5, 11-18, 21, 23-30, 32, 37, 39-43, 45-52, 55-58 (39 books out of the 60 issue run) All issues will come individually bagged and boarded (I just need to do some rebagging).

IMG_0345_zpsc5330610.jpg

Offer 2: Thief of Thieves lot - 1-14 is pictured but I have 15-18 also I will include. #1 is the Image firsts reprint and #4 is a 2nd print. The rest are all 1st prints.

IMG_0348_zps32d4b60f.jpg

Offer 3: Walking Dead Compendium 1 and 2

wd_zpscbqjwmx6.jpg

My offer:

Adventure 229 (Calling it a VG. Big sub crease front and back. 3/4" tear and 1/4" tear on back. PQ is W/OW)

K63bSZFh.jpg

LWN1mFph.jpg

:takeit:

Will have offers up later today - including some new OO.........