• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 - how things change...

48 posts in this topic

In early 2003, yours truly sold his copy of Avengers #1 CGC 7.0 for $819 on eBay. The lowest recorded sale to date.

Fast forward today, and 7.0's are now heading towards the $6000 point, according to GPA (yes I know, the irony of ME reporting on ME)

I had also sold a 6.5 around the same time for $699 and a 5.5 copy a year earlier for $456

:cry: Do I win a prize?

In early 2003, yours truly sold his copy of Avengers #1 CGC 7.0 for $819 on eBay. The lowest recorded sale to date.

Fast forward today, and 7.0's are now heading towards the $6000 point, according to GPA (yes I know, the irony of ME reporting on ME)

I had also sold a 6.5 around the same time for $699 and a 5.5 copy a year earlier for $456

dont worry. i bet someone sold an action #1 for a dime at one point.

:insane:

Yes, it could have been worse lol

I feel for you, bro. You're talking to a guy that sold a CGC 9.6 Walking Dead 1 for $225, a CGC 9.8 Walking Dead 2 for $175 and a CGC 9.9 Chew #1 for $175.

I need a hug. :(

I feel for you, bro. You're talking to a guy that sold a CGC 9.6 Walking Dead 1 for $225, a CGC 9.8 Walking Dead 2 for $175 and a CGC 9.9 Chew #1 for $175.

I need a hug. :(

Maybe this thread should be renamed "Dr Smith: Oh the pain of it all"

Hell, I love taking it in the so much that I sold a CGC 9.2 Signature Series House of Mystery 179 last week for $391.

I'm sure I have other comics I'll end up giving away.

I hate money. Money bad!

I bought an Avengers #1 NM a few years back, got it graded and it received a CGC 9.6 ® Trimmed.

I fought tooth and nail to get a refund and was extremely relieved to get my $2,000 back.

Lo and behold, the book re-appears in a major auction in 2009 and sells for nearly $6,000 restored. doh!

All of the books that you sell should have an asterisks next to it on GPA.

I bought an Avengers #1 NM a few years back, got it graded and it received a CGC 9.6 ® Trimmed.

I fought tooth and nail to get a refund and was extremely relieved to get my $2,000 back.

Lo and behold, the book re-appears in a major auction in 2009 and sells for nearly $6,000 restored. doh!

As high-grade Marvel silver #1's are going through the roof right now and unattainable for most people, could still be a good time to buy high-grade restored #1's

All of the books that you sell should have an asterisks next to it on GPA.

lol

I obviously haven't sold anything after 2003, but yes, that would make for an interesting "OMG I can't believe he only sold it for that!" experiment

Yes you win a prize. I sold an Avengers 1 4.5 a few months ago for 1400. I thought that was bad. Your prize is the "you made Brian feel good award" congrats

Hey look at it this way, you could be dead

On the flip side, I bought Avengers # 1 CGC 6.5 shortly after the movie was announced for over GPA price. GPA is now around two and a half time higher than I paid. :whee:

On the flip side, I bought Avengers # 1 CGC 6.5 shortly after the movie was announced for over GPA price. GPA is now around two and a half time higher than I paid. :whee:

you're in the wrong thread :baiting:

It's titled "Avengers # 1 - how things change" not "Avengers # 1 - I really wish I'd kept it longer". :baiting::baiting: