• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long do I have to wait for payment?

26 posts in this topic

How long before I can resell these books.

Seven years - the statute of limitations.

I've been dicked around since the 3rd and to make matters worse this boardie lives literally 2 miles away from me. How long before I can resell these books. I would be really pissed if I needed the cash.

Did you specify when payment was due or have a general statement specifying a payment due date in you opening posts? If not, send one more PM stating when payment is due and if you haven't received payment by that date then relist the books.

I've been dicked around since the 3rd and to make matters worse this boardie lives literally 2 miles away from me. How long before I can resell these books. I would be really pissed if I needed the cash.

Did you specify when payment was due or have a general statement specifying a payment due date in you opening posts? If not, send one more PM stating when payment is due and if you haven't received payment by that date then relist the books.

I appreciate your response. I attempted to find a post with rules governing how long I have to wait but have been unsuccessful. I will send a PM stating that I would appreciate payment by the close of this week or I am re-listing them. Thanks guys(gals)

There are no rules about how long you have to wait. However, for your next sales thread, I would include a statement such as, "Payment is due seven days after invoicing."

It would cut out any confusion and allow you the freedom to resell the book in a timely manner if necessary.

Payment should be received within 24 hours. This drives me nuts. If you do not have the cash, do not buy the book.

There are a couple of rare exceptions to this. A few weeks ago, "Peter Loves Gwen" offered a 9.0 copy of Amazing Spider-man 2 for $5000. I missed buying it by a few minutes. I would not have been able to pay him for at least two days until the money transferred through the accounts as I shifted funds from one bank to another to pay him.

Best rule of thumb - don't play if you cannot pay.

Payment should be received within 24 hours. This drives me nuts. If you do not have the cash, do not buy the book.

There are a couple of rare exceptions to this. A few weeks ago, "Peter Loves Gwen" offered a 9.0 copy of Amazing Spider-man 2 for $5000. I missed buying it by a few minutes. I would not have been able to pay him for at least two days until the money transferred through the accounts as I shifted funds from one bank to another to pay him.

Best rule of thumb - don't play if you cannot pay.

Well, I can assure you that the cat in question has no financial problem at least that I'm not aware of. Perhaps just a major case of absentmindedness. At any rate, I'm happy to put this case behind me. I'm missing these books already : (

Today is the 16th... The 3rd was 13 days ago or roughly two weeks.

If it's a large sum of money, two weeks is not excessive in my opinion as long as there is adequate communication.

If it's a large sum of money, two weeks is not excessive in my opinion as long as there is adequate communication.

By whose standards though? 10,000? 1,000? 10.00? It's all relative I guess.

The amount is really irrelevant. The "adequate communication" is what's important in my opinion as there could be any number of factors accounting for the time delay. If payment was needed immediately, that should have been communicated and accepted as a provision of buying. (shrug)

The amount is really irrelevant. The "adequate communication" is what's important in my opinion as there could be any number of factors accounting for the time delay. If payment was needed immediately, that should have been communicated and accepted as a provision of buying. (shrug)

No offense Sckao but I'm not on trial here. You post is completely unrealistic. 2 weeks and sparse communication and empty promises are what really count IMO but I surely didn't expect an entire thread to expire without a boardie tell me how blatantly stupid I am in so many words.

I asked for help on determining if a time frame is included in the rules of the CGC boards and I've been graciously given the answer to that by many kind members here. Payment has been made and questions have been answered satisfactorily sir.

Perhaps you read my post wrong, but in no way did I say you were stupid. (shrug)

It wasn't even directed at you personally... but was a general note about transactions in general.

(I've been here quite a while and I'm a moderator for part of this messageboard.)

(I've been here quite a while and I'm a moderator for part of this messageboard.)

Frigging show off.