• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Supapimp, you owe Anfield Fox a New Mutants 98

768 posts in this topic

This transaction is unfortunate, but Supa has always been an upstanding guy in the ten years since I first met him via these boards. I'm sure the pride he obviously takes in his ethics combined with the fact that people are judging him so harshly are contributing to his combative attitude about the situation, and that's quite unfortunate. :(

For the record I don't think Supa would rip anyone off either. I'd trust him in a deal, as far as that goes.

This thread is just more strange than anything else.

Based on what I've read I respectfully disagree. He did rip off anfield by not sending him the book he promised to send. It only takes one bad deal to ruin all positive perceptions

Could someone ID the villain in this thread for me?

Rob Liefeld.

I love that guy.

(tsk)

Liefeld is the anti-Fingh. He never puts any feet in his pictures.

Could someone ID the villain in this thread for me?

Rob Liefeld.

I love that guy.

(tsk)

Liefeld is the anti-Fingh. He never puts any feet in his pictures.

I like me some fire-feet. :cloud9:

strange1maya.jpg

Strange Mayan Mouth Potato agrees with you.

I tried to distract them using "Fish with Teeth" but it didn't work.

Oh yeah, I saw that earlier in the thread. That's proper strangeness.

I love that guy.

housepainting001.jpg

This is kinda creepy.

I'm coming to hang with you @WWC for sure now!

I'll be there creeping around all four day's I hope.

The OP had no drama? Anyone who starts a thread like this 5 years after the fact is doing nothing but starting a thread that is going to be full of drama? Did OP wake up one morning having a bad dream about this topic and say hey I am gonna start a thread in CG about this?

If the OP had such a problem with what went down 5 years ago then why was this not addressed before? Supapimp was clearly in the wrong, but starting a thread like this is also pretty damn childish, especially to think it isn't gonna lead to people causing drama and piling on.

I consider it a PSA. Even though I was on the boards back then, I had no recollection of this incident. That applies to several other boardies as well. I glad it was brought back into the light.

I don't remember it either, mainly because I haven't participated in any Christmas threads to my recollection so if the discussion was contained in there exclusively I would not have heard about it.

Well I hope people consider what I'm about to describe as a PSA as well--it's the reason I think Supa is a great guy--but given the extreme judgments that a few people are making about him that seem indistinguishable from viewing Supa as a scammer (the PM to him posted in the Water Cooler thread is just waaaay over the top), I'm sure it will be meaningless to them.

Back in 2002, 2003, and 2004 Supa put a significant amount of his own time into trying to spread awareness of and actively stop the activities of robojo33/comic-keys/Danny Dupcak. When Dupcak was a member of these boards, Supa outwardly antagonized Dupcak about his scams whenever he posted here, going head to head with him on a personal level. He was almost rabid about it, far more rabid than anyone else. That was just the public level. Behind the scenes, he was coordinating with several people to take real action against the guy. Supa's efforts did assist with and in part lead to the Comics Buyer's Guide article warning the hobby about his behavior.

This transaction is unfortunate, but Supa has always been an upstanding guy in the ten years since I first met him via these boards. I'm sure the pride he obviously takes in his ethics combined with the fact that people are judging him so harshly are contributing to his combative attitude about the situation, and that's quite unfortunate. :(

Well said James. :applause:

I haven't read this & I'm not going to.

I just want to know why the :censored: there are so many words in these posts?

:screwy:

The OP had no drama? Anyone who starts a thread like this 5 years after the fact is doing nothing but starting a thread that is going to be full of drama? Did OP wake up one morning having a bad dream about this topic and say hey I am gonna start a thread in CG about this?

If the OP had such a problem with what went down 5 years ago then why was this not addressed before? Supapimp was clearly in the wrong, but starting a thread like this is also pretty damn childish, especially to think it isn't gonna lead to people causing drama and piling on.

I consider it a PSA. Even though I was on the boards back then, I had no recollection of this incident. That applies to several other boardies as well. I glad it was brought back into the light.

I don't remember it either, mainly because I haven't participated in any Christmas threads to my recollection so if the discussion was contained in there exclusively I would not have heard about it.

Well I hope people consider what I'm about to describe as a PSA as well--it's the reason I think Supa is a great guy--but given the extreme judgments that a few people are making about him that seem indistinguishable from viewing Supa as a scammer (the PM to him posted in the Water Cooler thread is just waaaay over the top), I'm sure it will be meaningless to them.

Back in 2002, 2003, and 2004 Supa put a significant amount of his own time into trying to spread awareness of and actively stop the activities of robojo33/comic-keys/Danny Dupcak. When Dupcak was a member of these boards, Supa outwardly antagonized Dupcak about his scams whenever he posted here, going head to head with him on a personal level. He was almost rabid about it, far more rabid than anyone else. That was just the public level. Behind the scenes, he was coordinating with several people to take real action against the guy. Supa's efforts did assist with and in part lead to the Comics Buyer's Guide article warning the hobby about his behavior.

Well said James. :applause:

If you are going to berate Supa for not following thru on shipping a free comic, why do the members who publicly offered to pay for shipping but never followed thru get a free pass? It seems they didn't complete a promised transaction either.

As I read the rules of the probation list, Supa had thirty days after being paid to ship the book. Anyone have a reciept of when he got paid?

This is a perfect reminder of why I don't get involved in these things anymore. Page after page of ill will, many from people who were not even here at the time.

IMO- putting him on the list will destroy the meaning of the list. I currently don't buy and sell from people listed but will now pick and choose who I refuse to do business with.

strange1maya.jpg

Strange Mayan Mouth Potato agrees with you.

I tried to distract them using "Fish with Teeth" but it didn't work.

Oh yeah, I saw that earlier in the thread. That's proper strangeness.

Here...I'll try something else.

enhanced-buzz-1431-1340204652-20.jpg

For the record I don't think Supa would rip anyone off either. I'd trust him in a deal, as far as that goes.

Based on what I've read I respectfully disagree. He did rip off anfield by not sending him the book he promised to send. It only takes one bad deal to ruin all positive perceptions

I don't think he'd take someone's money and run with it is what I was trying to say.

Whether the two are one and the same in your books is up to you.

If you are going to berate Supa for not following thru on shipping a free comic, why do the members who publicly offered to pay for shipping but never followed thru get a free pass? It seems they didn't complete a promised transaction either.

Because there are laws against stalking!?!?

What did you expect them to do, Google his home address and strongarm the book from him to ship it to AF?

As I read the rules of the probation list, Supa had thirty days after being paid to ship the book. Anyone have a reciept of when he got paid?

This is a perfect reminder of why I don't get involved in these things anymore. Page after page of ill will, many from people who were not even here at the time.

IMO- putting him on the list will destroy the meaning of the list. I currently don't buy and sell from people listed but will now pick and choose who I refuse to do business with.

I'm still waiting for you to bill me for that Ragman #1 I hit the BIN on about 4 years ago.

:baiting: