• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should page quality be awarded points in the registry?

PQ assigned registry points  

222 members have voted

1. 1. PQ assigned registry points

66 posts in this topic

I am guessing that CGC isn't set up to distinguish white page/pedigree books from the others, just by entering a number in the registry. So, I doubt this will ever happen.

Every time you enter a book in the registry the PQ shows up in the comic details, so obviously it is tied to that individual bar code in their computer somehow. It would just be a matter of adding an extra instruction to the code if CGC ever decided they wanted to do this.

So far the poll is pretty well split, which is pretty much like I expected. I really just wanted to see how the academic discussion would turn out. I really don't care either way, but I do think that if one subjective assessment is worth points, it is fair to ask why the other part of the subjective assessment isn't awarded them too.

I am guessing that CGC isn't set up to distinguish white page/pedigree books from the others, just by entering a number in the registry. So, I doubt this will ever happen.

Every time you enter a book in the registry the PQ shows up in the comic details, so obviously it is tied to that individual bar code in their computer somehow. It would just be a matter of adding an extra instruction to the code if CGC ever decided they wanted to do this.

So far the poll is pretty well split, which is pretty much like I expected. I really just wanted to see how the academic discussion would turn out. I really don't care either way, but I do think that if one subjective assessment is worth points, it is fair to ask why the other part of the subjective assessment isn't awarded them too.

I don't believe it's that simple. Gemma would know.

I don't believe it's that simple. Gemma would know.

Maybe it isn't, but the information is definitely there to be accessed if they would want to. If there was overwhelming support (or hatred) for the idea I would have brought it to her attention, but it doesn't look like that will be the case based on the sampling so far. But if they ever wanted to do this I would bet they could figure it out.

I'm fine with no extra points based on PQ (shrug)

I would like them to make Pedigrees worth more though. SS books get more points so why shouldn't Pedigrees???

This is an old discussion. Simple answer, why? What makes them so special? They are pressed just like every other book these days, so why in the world would a pedigree designation be worth :censored:

Even pressed, pedigrees are still special. Actually, they are even more special as they have finally attained the perfection the original owner always attended. A pressed pedigree has reach it's state of nirvana. Om shanti.

Plus,it'll be more confusing for those new to the Registry :ohnoez:

I would like them to make Pedigrees worth more though. SS books get more points so why shouldn't Pedigrees???

This is an old discussion. Simple answer, why? What makes them so special? They are pressed just like every other book these days, so why in the world would a pedigree designation be worth :censored:

I don't know, why does someone scribbling on a book make it worth more points in the registry??

I don't know, why does someone scribbling on a book make it worth more points in the registry??

Because that is a CGC service selling tool.

If it can do it for SS books why not Pedigrees?

When I enter a Pedigree, the Registry knows its a pedigree and lists which one it is so it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to have it assign a point bump on the book (shrug)

True but is that really why people are getting books SS'd?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like VERY few people are getting books SS'd just to get a small point bump in the registry no? (shrug)

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like VERY few people are getting books SS'd just to get a small point bump in the registry no? (shrug)

I have SS books in my Registry Sets is no one else is doing it.

I just want the best books in my sets :grin:

Then you should get Pedigrees! :baiting:

lol

Then you should get Pedigrees! :baiting:

lol

lol

CGC charges a premium to grade SS books. They get diddly for grading pedigrees. That's why SS books get more points.

When I enter a Pedigree, the Registry knows its a pedigree and lists which one it is so it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to have it assign a point bump on the book (shrug)

I am pretty sure that Gemma stated that this was not doable. I will send her a PM to verify.

I am pretty sure that Gemma stated that this was not doable. I will send her a PM to verify.

No, she did, I just don't understand why?

Like I said, when you enter a Pedigree in the registry, it knows not only that it's a Pedigree but also which Pedigree. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult for the program to be changed to add 10% or whatever to any cert# entered that it recognizes as a Pedigree (shrug)

Oh, I would say it's completely doable. It just isn't worrth doing as far as CGC is concerned. I remember when on-line grader's notes "weren't doable."

Oh, I would say it's completely doable. It just isn't worrth doing as far as CGC is concerned. I remember when on-line grader's note "weren't doable."

+1

I don't see how it's possible that it's "not doable". They just don't want to for whatever reason. I can't imagine that it "can't be done" ???

No, she did, I just don't understand why?

Like I said, when you enter a Pedigree in the registry, it knows not only that it's a Pedigree but also which Pedigree. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult for the program to be changed to add 10% or whatever to any cert# enter that it recognizes as a Pedigree (shrug)

Well, it gets messy. Some books that are labeled as pedigreed as no longer recognized pedigrees. Should one pedigree be worth more... and so on and so forth. Plus, not everyone recognizes a pedigreed book. However, it's difficult to not recognize a signature staring back at you from the front cover.

Oh, I would say it's completely doable. It just isn't worrth doing as far as CGC is concerned. I remember when on-line grader's note "weren't doable."

+1

I don't see how it's possible that it's "not doable". They just don't want to for whatever reason. I can't imagine that it "can't be done" ???

I picture Gemma going through over a million books picking out the white pagers and pedigree books. While we are at it, maybe we could ask her for multiple bonus points for white page pedigree books. :eek: