• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should page quality be awarded points in the registry?

PQ assigned registry points  

222 members have voted

1. 1. PQ assigned registry points

66 posts in this topic

Where was that posted? That seems a little strange considering that the comic details in the registry can tell you PQ and pedigree status, but if their system can't (or won't) handle it then the point is moot.

There is currently no way to distinguish the page quality for scoring purposes on the registry, the only distinguishing factor is the label type.
Thanks for digging this up. :) I knew I read it somewhere.

Your argument of "both grade and paper quality is a subjective opinion of CGC which seems to change quite frequently and since we use one to determine "value" in the registry why shouldn't we use the other to do the same" is perfectly logical and therefore has no business on this chat board :signofftopic: I am however in favor of it if it's possible even though I don't participate in the registry wars all that much.

I am guessing that CGC isn't set up to distinguish white page/pedigree books from the others, just by entering a number in the registry. So, I doubt this will ever happen.

If it can do it for SS books why not Pedigrees?

When I enter a Pedigree, the Registry knows its a pedigree and lists which one it is so it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to have it assign a point bump on the book (shrug)

I am pretty sure that Gemma stated that this was not doable. I will send her a PM to verify.

Oh, I would say it's completely doable. It just isn't worrth doing as far as CGC is concerned. I remember when on-line grader's note "weren't doable."

+1

I don't see how it's possible that it's "not doable". They just don't want to for whatever reason. I can't imagine that it "can't be done" ???

I picture Gemma going through over a million books picking out the white pagers and pedigree books. While we are at it, maybe we could ask her for multiple bonus points for white page pedigree books. :eek:

White Page Pedigree Signature Series for the win. I believe I now own all the Registry Points and possibly the Internet.

IMG00070-20101011-2107.jpg

Not with a 9.4 you don't.

Yeah. "Double whammy"; 9.4 and Nick Fury.

Although some bonus points for the non-personalized Steranko sig.