• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you arrange your folders of covers and CGC pics ?

11 posts in this topic

I havent started saving images yet but very soon as im buying a Samsung galaxy tab so i can put my photo portfolios and my database of images.

Ive noticed most of you post quite a lot in many threads,so im assuming some of you have very large folders filled with GA and SA and CGC stuff and covers.

Basically,im trying to see what's the best way to optimize all this stuff.

Sooooo....one ginormous folder with 3000 pics ?

What i meant was do some people have folders by year,funny animals

or really bad sucky series ?

Low-grade,high-grade,covers by dominant colors or what ?

And what's the limit on a free Photobucket account,or have most of you paid for the Pro version ?

ummmmm....., Photobucket :shrug:

Word. I put most of my scans in the root folder of my account. And I create separate folders for specific themes ... for instance, I'm doing some stuff with an Anthony Castrillo sales thread, so I have a folder for all related pics. And I have a folder for all pics related to the coloring contests (we gotta have another one of those soon :think:). But scans of my comics just go in the root. And I only upload scans that I'm sharing online. It's not a repository for a scan of every comic I own.

ummmmm....., Photobucket :shrug:

Word. I put most of my scans in the root folder of my account. And I create separate folders for specific themes ... for instance, I'm doing some stuff with an Anthony Castrillo sales thread, so I have a folder for all related pics. And I have a folder for all pics related to the coloring contests (we gotta have another one of those soon :think:). But scans of my comics just go in the root. And I only upload scans that I'm sharing online. It's not a repository for a scan of every comic I own.

+1

I unfortunately have the vast majority of them in just 1 big huge honking file making it a PITA to find what i want usually. Lately though, ive tried to make it better and have created new files like "Avengers pedigree", "registry books", "books to sell", etc to try and make it easier to find things.

Mostly one giant folder with thousands of pics--never had any trouble with it so no need to change it. I do have a few subfolders for books that aren't part of my collection, such as interesting examples of CGC grades, but the number of images in there pales compared to my collection scans. That giant folder is on my home computer, a flash drive, and in my personal GoDaddy web space, which is really cheap for 10 gigs of storage at $50 per year for the space and domain name (and web ASP.NET and SQL database support, both of which are useful to me because I'm a web developer).