• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

highest graded copy, but not high grade

30 posts in this topic

Hi all -- I'm curious to see some "highest graded copies" that are actually not very high. I'm guessing this would generally be a sign of scarcity, age, maybe low interest or market value... any other factors?

Here's my contribution:

rulah27.jpg

yep, to me 7.0 and lower are not "high-grade." i'm in a minority around here, but i consider 7.5 the "floor" of high-grade, employing the same philosphy that makes an a- an a [g.a.tor---an "a" is a really good grade in school]. and it's worked out wonderfully for me, obtaining many, many "high-grade looking" 7.5's at similarly wonderful lower [compared to 8.0] prices.

Rangers Comics #2. Highest graded is this 6.0, :gossip: White pages.

The next highest graded is a 3.0. Some books I understand why a mid grade book is the highest graded. It might not be a ultra popular title, book number 73 in a 150 book run, etc. That issue, Rangers 2, has very little reason why it wouldn't have a higher submission total except it is a Gerber 8 so I think in this case, it is difficult to locate, but the door is wide open as far as whether there is a better copy out there. Sorry for the poor scan, book looks much better in hand.

399c3126.jpg

i'm in a minority around here, but i consider 7.5 the "floor" of high-grade...

That's my exact philosophy, as well. :)

This is a hard thread to judge because there are raw copies of books that have been posted on the Board which would be highest census if forced into a tomb.

Rangers 2 with white pages = :luhv:

Highest

What would be sort of fun (but not really), would be a thread whereupon we posted books that were highest graded when we bought them. But now....busted down big time.

lol yeah, I've got a couple of those.