• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auction Thread

175 posts in this topic

I've got like 15 pretty lowball bids in but don't expect to win more than 1 or 2 unless I get REALLY lucky.

you're like the boy who cried wolf w/ that refrain.

Huh??? I usually freely admit im going balls to the walls on a bunch of Avengers. Im too close to finishing my run now though and theres nothing i really want in this auction especially with the HA auction on the horizon.

You just can find any love on these boards today :foryou:

Tell me about it! :sorry:

I guess im gonna have to just break out my Carol danvers poster and pwn myself til i find my happy place! :devil:

WOW!!! I just won this upgrade for $120 which was a little under my max. I wasnt even going to waste my time with THAT lowball a bid. Last sale of a 9.8 was January 2012 for $245 and the suscha news 9.8 just went for $613! Lowest ever 9.8 sale was a 2009 for $215! ???

avengers114-1.jpg

get stuck putting the kid to bed (wife is sick) and I miss this nice 9.4 of one of my all time favorite covers... and it just went for $27 bucks

XSRNQ.jpg

got tracking bids on a ridiculous number of books, but there are just a few that have my attention later this evening...

Wish there was a Green Lantern 132 in the mix later this week but they have everything BUT...

get stuck putting the kid to bed (wife is sick) and I miss this nice 9.4 of one of my all time favorite covers... and it just went for $27 bucks

XSRNQ.jpg

got tracking bids on a ridiculous number of books, but there are just a few that have my attention later this evening...

Wish there was a Green Lantern 132 in the mix later this week but they have everything BUT...

I really like that cover... I may buy a raw copy just to have. Is the story any good?

It was hard but I stayed focused

Five wins - only 11 books to go including the annuals (Only 6 books in the main set remaining)

Anyone who reads my weekly weekend buying list know that I am bent on finishing this within the next month or two.

ASM 36 - 8.0

ASM 38 - 8.5

ASM 48 - 8.5

ASM 63 - 9.0

ASM 94 - 9.2

RADF16B42012529_12121.jpgRADEB6392012529_93239.jpgRAD2ECD32012523_175334.jpgRAD10A84201246_145911.jpgRAD3F7982012529_115527.jpg

Also picked up: I have always been a big fan of these two covers

ASM 136 - 9.4

ASM 151 - 9.4

RAD8408A201266_125340.jpgRAD5F545201267_83925.jpg

Couple of things I like outside of ASM... so we will see what happens.

You got them for a steal. :applause:

Can't remember if Jive is officially retired from this task but why not get it started. Just at a quick glance I see an AF#15 CGC 4.5 sitting at over $12K with just over an hour to go? :facepalm:

You mean the one that looks nicer than a 4.5?

:baiting:

It was hard but I stayed focused

Five wins - only 11 books to go including the annuals (Only 6 books in the main set remaining)

Anyone who reads my weekly weekend buying list know that I am bent on finishing this within the next month or two.

ASM 36 - 8.0

ASM 38 - 8.5

ASM 48 - 8.5

ASM 63 - 9.0

ASM 94 - 9.2

Also picked up: I have always been a big fan of these two covers

ASM 136 - 9.4

ASM 151 - 9.4

Couple of things I like outside of ASM... so we will see what happens.

You got them for a steal. :applause:

Thank you, I think I did as well. There are a few dealers that can help me finish this tomorrow but I keep lucking out and picking up the books at better prices than they are able to sell them to me at.

Part of me is disappointed I did not have the guts to upgrade an AF15. That 4.5 was gorgeous for the grade.

:cloud9: ......gotta love a soft auction lot......I've been looking for one of these with the full CCA stamp without being off center for a long time. Now I've got to figure out something to sell :pullhair: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF13vf.jpg

Thats an AWESOME FF13 Jimbo! (worship)

Congrats man! :applause:

I just cant pass up a Pedigree going WELL under gpa even if its Doctor Strange :sick:

I mean cmon! A Pacific Coast book with a cool cover for 100 beans? I cant pass that up :cloud9:

ds172.jpg

Only book i REALLY wanted and the only one i put an actual bid on. Had to overpay but oh well! Theres no way in hell im paying what the HG copies go for! Can someone explain to me why this issue is worth like triple what any other comparable Avengers goes for? $2500 for a 9.6?!? :screwy:

I'm MORE than happy with an 8.5 at those prices!!! :cloud9:

Jason,

Because that is a killer Dr Doom cover. Nice looking 8.5. Congrats.

av25.jpg

Only book i REALLY wanted and the only one i put an actual bid on. Had to overpay but oh well! Theres no way in hell im paying what the HG copies go for! Can someone explain to me why this issue is worth like triple what any other comparable Avengers goes for? $2500 for a 9.6?!? :screwy:

Jason,

Because that is a killer Dr Doom cover. Nice looking 8.5. Congrats.

av25.jpg

....that's a 9.0 on another day. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

av25.jpg

I suspect it's because it's a great cover and it's Dr. Doom. The Avengers run has a lot of mediocre covers in its run. And to me, #25 has always stood out with some others like #4, 12, and #57.

For comparison purposes, just look at #24 and #26. They're not a pretty sight.