• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld

117 posts in this topic

I love the guy.

**cough** **cough**cough**

Hey, let's suck-up to some popular comics dealers!

**harumph**harumph**

I love the guy.

**harumph**harumph**

No feet, no love. Down with Liefeld.

I love the guy.

**harumph**harumph**

No feet, no love. Down with Liefeld.

:(

**harumph**harumph**

Dale is the most inspiring.

Mr. Bedrock is the most dashing.

Harley is the most regal.

Those three characteristics are the triforce of comic dealing attributes.

He could have had a go drawing Leprechauns. The only lifeform able to properly walk upright with his anatomically impossible feet.

Maybe Smurfs too. Cut toe shoes could have been his trademark.

Instead:

cap.jpeg

For the record, I respect Rob Liefeld - I dislike is style and I don't think he's a good artist, but he's been able to make a living for himself since the 90's - I've got zero problems with that.

For the record, I respect Rob Liefeld - I dislike is style and I don't think he's a good artist, but he's been able to make a living for himself since the 90's - I've got zero problems with that.

A good living at that.

Rob has a strange mix of qualities. For all his technical shortcomings, his work is very dynamic, and he does distinguish foreground from background well, a skill many artists seem to lack. (although that may be more the lack of backgrounds Rob draws :grin: )

He could have had a go drawing Leprechauns. The only lifeform able to properly walk upright with his anatomically impossible feet.

Maybe Smurfs too. Cut toe shoes could have been his trademark.

Instead:

cap.jpeg

It never loses it's punch to the gut feeling. doh!

Ugh I'm still kicking myself for not being able to get an autograph for him and a free deadpool head sketch when he made a special appearance at a local comic book shop in southern CA. I found out about it when I went to the store and missed it by about 2 weeks...

I applaud him for being able to make a great living...I am saddened however that true artists like Michael Golden or Bernie Wrightson are not as well compensated.

It's the same in music...real musicians who influence millions scrape by while junk pop rakes in millions.