• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's a good price for a Iron Man 55 9.0, hype/speculation aside?

83 posts in this topic

Are all six gems confirmed in the movie?

In other words, maybe Odin just has the gauntlet and the first gem. That could get the storyline rolling.

Well, if we're going to split hairs - the Gauntlet wasn't the Infinity Gauntlet until Thanos got the gems and put them on there. The gems were just loose jewels floating around the universe until Thanos got them all and went Liberace on them, festooning them to his glove.

If Odin had the Infinity Gauntlet, that would mean that the whole affair had already happened.

Ugh. I feel like one of those fanboys who deconstruct Star Trek.

I called it "a gauntlet". :baiting:

IM #55 prices have levelled off, and even dropped a little, since the peak of the Avengers hype.

9.0 / 9.2 prices have dropped from $700 / $900 down to around $600 for a 9.0 and $700 for a 9.2.

I don't see any further bump coming from Thor 2, since Odin would kick Thanos' butt if he tried to invade Asgard, just like he did in WATIW #25. :headbang:

I think the wild card will be the extent to which Thanos appears in the Marvel movie universe. If he makes a few cameos and one film appearance then the books will cool after that film dies down. If on the other hand, he becomes the dominant villain and makes appearances indefinitely, the books will have peaks and valleys but the trend will be up. However, considering the peak that just hit in May, I think the prices will slowly drop until the next appearance. So, this winter or spring may be a good time to get the book if you think he may make a cameo in next summer’s movies. If he doesn’t appear next summer, then that may be the time to buy because a lot of people holding this book won’t have the patience to sit on it for another year after that. As an aside, I find that the best time to buy comics at auction or on Ebay is in late November/December. I don’t know if it is because people are not spending money on themselves but rather buying gifts (assuming that an auction format is not ideal for gift buying). I learned this the hard way when I listed a bunch of stuff in December and nothing at all sold, I relisted in spring and sold everything.

The choice is up to you my friend…

I just sold a water logged raw IM 55 3.0 for $140 on eBay. That shocked me a lot more than the 9.6 I sold at $2k.

Now is not the time to buy. :eek:

hm I wonder if a my 6.0(maybe a 7.0) raw copy can fetch $170-$250.00 or more then? I'll have to dig it up to remember what grade it is. I already have a CGC 9.4 white already.

IM #55 prices have levelled off, and even dropped a little, since the peak of the Avengers hype.

9.0 / 9.2 prices have dropped from $700 / $900 down to around $600 for a 9.0 and $700 for a 9.2.

I don't see any further bump coming from Thor 2, since Odin would kick Thanos' butt if he tried to invade Asgard, just like he did in WATIW #25. :headbang:

I think the bump for the story is going to come in the end credits trailer. I think it's going to show us the direction they are wanting to go.

Perhaps each movie end credit trailer will show us Thanos getting one of the Infinity Gems...

I never cared for this book, so I don't know anything about its pricing; can someone give me a few 'before and after' price points for high grade copies?

I just sold a water logged raw IM 55 3.0 for $140 on eBay. That shocked me a lot more than the 9.6 I sold at $2k.

WTF?

Ok, it makes more sense seeing the book. It has decent eye appeal.

I've noticed that too with other keys like ASM 121, 122 and 129; seems like there are always people looking for raw lower-mid grade copies, and sometimes you'll have a couple of people get into a bidding war over a book and someone ends up paying near VF prices for a nice looking 4.0-6.5 copy.

WTF?

Oh yeah. When the first fan boy saw Thanos turn his head in The Avengers, the price went through the roof. A $500 book turned into a $2000 book overnight.

I would wait. There is nothing that suggests this issue should be selling anywhere near it's present high value. In fact, it is now overvalued in my opinion. Do you really need it right now? Add it to your want list but wait until the hype dies down. That is what I would do.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I would wait. There is nothing that suggests this issue should be selling anywhere near it's present high value. In fact, it is now overvalued in my opinion. Do you really need it right now? Add it to your want list but wait until the hype dies down. That is what I would do.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

not to mention this book should be plentiful in high grades...

That book has always been over priced. Thanos is a character that is barely used. His best story was infinty gauntlet, and he has barely been used since. Although he was killed in Annhialation and later resurrected in gotg.

But seriously, it's an ok book. But not worth the crazy prices its getting IMO.

WTF?

Oh yeah. When the first fan boy saw Thanos turn his head in The Avengers, the price went through the roof. A $500 book turned into a $2000 book overnight.

More like a $1,000 book turned into a $2,000 book overnight...but yeh, crazy!

That book has always been over priced. Thanos is a character that is barely used. His best story was infinty gauntlet, and he has barely been used since. Although he was killed in Annhialation and later resurrected in gotg.

But seriously, it's an ok book. But not worth the crazy prices its getting IMO.

Thanos may suck, but Drax is freaking awesome! Who am I kidding, they are both freaking awesome... :P

:tonofbricks: I sold a copy as part of a run of avengers to my LCS for about 15 bucks he graded it a G- which I thought was a bit harsh looked VG but had some moisture issues. Part of the deal was 1st crack at a WD#1 raw another customer might be selling so it could work out in my favor