• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Heroes Sketches Here

142 posts in this topic

And kudos to Par2ch for helping me get a full figure Spidey sketch from Zeck in the midst of the crazy line he had all weekend long. (thumbs u

It was the only sketch he did at the show and its was only $20 (yet Mrs. Peter Palmer gave me hell for charging you that much)

BTW the sketch is the size of a postage stamp for those wondering and looks similar to the one Zeck did for me seen below

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=795153&GSub=95032

cad4a113.jpg

I forgot to post this one, I snagged it as I was leaving the show.

Sunday auction piece?

Yep, the name on the art is Fish I would need to check the receipt invoice to get the full name.

Wasn't able to get a great photo of it, but here is my Mike Lilly commission -

Punisher_Lilly.jpg

amazing. one of my favorite sketches to be posted on the boards since i have been here.

if you ever get tired of this awesomeness please contact me

Well had a blast at heroes!!!!

got a total of 5 sketches done. 2 By the great Scott Blair. A storm that tuned out amazing and an Jungle book that looks great also.

1 Done by Eric mcconnell a Emma thats turned out amazing.

And 2 more done thru God of thunder. cant wait to see them

Will try to post some pics later.

thanks to every1 at cgc also

Here is some of the HeroesCon haul from the mad-dogz crew

Clayton Crain. This one belongs to my cousin. Clayton took mine and my brother's blanks home to do :)

I would also like to welcome Chase (my cousin) carnagecollector to the boards. I told him this sketch had to be CGC'd period :sumo:

HeroesCon2012085.jpg

HeroesCon2012083.jpg

a few more of Chase's

Mike Lilly Darth Nihilus (blank courtesy of .Troy)

HeroesCon2012087.jpg

Alex Saviuk

HeroesCon2012092.jpg

Scott Hanna

HeroesCon2012090.jpg

There are some more of his but I might get him to post those lol

At the beginning I was a little bummed that several artists on my lists were no-shows or were not sketching. But by Sunday I was extremely happy with my haul.

Here are mine from the show:

Bob Layton (thanks to Adonis)

HeroesCon2012088.jpg

Bob Layton This went home with Laura Martin to be colored

Unnamed-6.jpg

Alex Saviuk

HeroesCon2012091.jpg

Walt Simonson

Unnamed-4.jpg

Mark Bagley

Unnamed-5.jpg

Ed McGuinness Red Hulk

(this was also inked by Dexter Vines but I don't have a pic and Laura Martin took it home to color) I was happy with my show as it was but to get this really put things over the top.

Unnamed-7.jpg

Dooney also took my blank home so hope to see that one soon. Got one of those Steampunk 1887 sketches...very cool take on characters.

And kudos to Par2ch for helping me get a full figure Spidey sketch from Zeck in the midst of the crazy line he had all weekend long. (thumbs u

It was the only sketch he did at the show and its was only $20 (yet Mrs. Peter Palmer gave me hell for charging you that much)

BTW the sketch is the size of a postage stamp for those wondering and looks similar to the one Zeck did for me seen below

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=795153&GSub=95032

You don't let me have any fun. :baiting:lol

Here's the pic of the sketch. It's in my Spidey sketchbook:

Spider-manbyMikeZeck.jpg

And I'd say it's at least the size of a half dollar, thank you very much. :)

I take my book to every convention and get at least one sketch at each one. I always leave it up to the artist to pick what they draw. I gave it to the Fraim brothers and they were determined to draw a character that wasn't in my sketchbook yet. Here's what they came up with.

BettyBrandtbyTheFraimBrothers.jpg

You definitely don't see many Betty Brandt sketches out there. I like that they took the book as a challenge and ran with it. I'm pleased with the result.

The only other one I got in the book at the show was from Clayton Crain. It was very cool to watch him do this. I couldn't tell exactly what the plan was until he was about 90% done. lol I really dig it:

Spider-manbyClaytonCrain.jpg