• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Heroes Sketches Here

142 posts in this topic

The Mark Brooks painting went for 9500$ my wife allowed me to bid up to 9000$. Guess I'll have to save a little extra in the future.

Ah, so you were the one sitting down! Nicely done, and sorry it didn't work out for you but that pre-lim piece is nothing to sneeze at.

Romeo Tanghal Sr

photobucket-8979-1340587110082.jpg

[font:Book Antiqua]Congratulations... You don’t see Tanghal's too often

very underrated artist in my opinion...[/font]

+1 Totally agree ESPECIALLY after seeing he did this on a Zero Hour cover. Nice.

The Mark Brooks painting went for 9500$ my wife allowed me to bid up to 9000$. Guess I'll have to save a little extra in the future.

Ah, so you were the one sitting down! Nicely done, and sorry it didn't work out for you but that pre-lim piece is nothing to sneeze at.

lol yea, I said 8000$ and next thing I knew two of us had mysteriously jumped up to 10,000$. My buddy looked at me and said your wife is going to kill you. Luckily she realized she jumped the gun and started working it back down to the 9500$ that it went for.

They are both great pieces of art. I spoke with Mark and should be setting up a commission with him here in the next week or two. He also told me that 2014 he will have an Emma done for the auction.

Good to see a bunch of boardies at the show. Hadn't seen some of you in quite some time. :)

Once again, McGuinness was sketching for people as they waited for this show. Unfortunately for some, his art rep took on so many "hotel room/drop off commissions" that McGuinness was forced to stop sketching on blanks on Saturday and Sunday and only do very quick sketches on the back of his sketchbooks for the people in his line. Ed seemed pretty tired for most of the show as he wasn't able to stop, but he was a champ through and through. Very friendly to everyone coming through his line. It was a real pleasure. :)

I was able to get a few done on Friday, though. All were inked by Dexter Vines.

Ed's first Green Goblin:

103_0833.jpg

103_0831.jpg

103_0832.jpg

103_0835.jpg

And kudos to Par2ch for helping me get a full figure Spidey sketch from Zeck in the midst of the crazy line he had all weekend long. (thumbs u

Good to see a bunch of boardies at the show. Hadn't seen some of you in quite some time. :)

Once again, McGuinness was sketching for people as they waited for this show. Unfortunately for some, his art rep took on so many "hotel room/drop off commissions" that McGuinness was forced to stop sketching on blanks on Saturday and Sunday and only do very quick sketches on the back of his sketchbooks for the people in his line. Ed seemed pretty tired for most of the show as he wasn't able to stop, but he was a champ through and through. Very friendly to everyone coming through his line. It was a real pleasure. :)

I was able to get a few done on Friday, though. All were inked by Dexter Vines.

Ed's first Green Goblin:

103_0833.jpg

103_0831.jpg

103_0832.jpg

103_0835.jpg

Man Ed does a pretty sweet Green Goblin!!!