• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Heroes Sketches Here

142 posts in this topic

Bob Layton This went home with Laura Martin to be colored

Unnamed-6.jpg

Walt Simonson

Unnamed-4.jpg

Ed McGuinness Red Hulk

(this was also inked by Dexter Vines but I don't have a pic and Laura Martin took it home to color) I was happy with my show as it was but to get this really put things over the top.

Unnamed-7.jpg

These all came out incredible!!!

The Layton and McGuinness are some of the best I have seen them produce! (worship)

This one is easily my favorite sketchcover to come out of the show. It took several years of getting on the list only and getting declined before finally getting selected. Totally worth the wait now that I have it.

Mark Brooks:

103_0857.jpg

This one is easily my favorite sketchcover to come out of the show. It took several years of getting on the list only and getting declined before finally getting selected. Totally worth the wait now that I have it.

Mark Brooks:

103_0857.jpg

I'm pretty new to this hobby but is Mark Brooks tough to get a sketch from? Great sketches from everyone the McGuiness ones stand out for me.

I'm pretty new to this hobby but is Mark Brooks tough to get a sketch from?

Beside the sketch I posted is a backerboard with every show I went to where I got on Mark's list. I kept the list with the book...something of a record. I'm glad he picked my sketch. I was running out of room! lol

Heroes may be among the toughest places to get a sketch from Mark. He and Adam Hughes take turns submitting a full-blown commission for the Annual Heroes Art Auction. This year happened to be Mark's year, so I knew that meant he'd be working on his piece for most of Friday & Saturday. He did a total of 2 commissions at Heroes this year; mine and a Spidey in someone's 11x17 sketchbook.

I'm pretty sure that Par2ch has a Cap headsketch from Brooks and I think another board member owns his Hulk Hero Initiative contribution. I'm sure there are a few others, but I don't know of any other graded sketchcovers he's done. I consider myself fortunate to have been picked.

I'm pretty sure that Par2ch has a Cap headsketch from Brooks and I think another board member owns his Hulk Hero Initiative contribution. I'm sure there are a few others, but I don't know of any other graded sketchcovers he's done. I consider myself fortunate to have been picked.

I was definitely not as diligent or patient as you Adam. I tried a only a few times for a sketch from Mark. When this came available I decided to go for it.

April7th010.jpg

I was definitely not as diligent or patient as you Adam. I tried a only a few times for a sketch from Mark. When this came available I decided to go for it.

April7th010.jpg

very lovely piece. :applause:

I haven't tried to get anything more detailed from Brooks than this because I know he only gets about 3 or 4 each show knocked out (or at least at Heroes). This was a gift he gave to me for something I brought him. He knocked it out in probably less than 10 minutes but it is still gorgeous. The man has got talent.

i-KZNB2ds-M.jpg

Also, I started a sketchbook and got ~30 artists to do quick sketches for me. Here are some of the coolest ones

Norman Lee - Venom

DSCN0446.jpg

Mark Morales - Captain America

DSCN0467.jpg

Mark Bagley - Spider-Man

DSCN0452.jpg

Shane Davis - Batman

DSCN0448.jpg

Robert Atkins - Juggernaut

DSCN0447.jpg

Tim Townsend - Wolverine

DSCN0437.jpg

JonBoy Meyers - Deadpool

DSCN0454.jpg

I love the sketchbook sketches. I find getting quick sketches in a sketchbook can be a LOT of fun at shows and a great way to talk to celebrity artists and newcomers alike. :)

I love the sketchbook sketches. I find getting quick sketches in a sketchbook can be a LOT of fun at shows and a great way to talk to celebrity artists and newcomers alike. :)

+1 Really sad I didn't get anything in my sketchbook this year. :(

Just one sketch cover and one OA for now. Total of seven sketch covers, the 1 OA done last weekend as well as 14 signature books. I didn't much feel like taking pictures this whole show. I was having a very off weekend.

Conny Valentina

i-mRk32Gq-XL.jpg

George Perez

i-DP9RzLJ-XL.jpg