• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Auction Thread

147 posts in this topic

I don't think I see one of these anywhere so figured I'd start one for once.

Anyone looking at anything in the Sparkle City auction tonight? If so post your wins/losses here!

I've got my eye on one book in particular..

Are you talking about eBay? It seems like they gain $50-100 per auction due to the free shipping. Great strategy.

Are you talking about eBay? It seems like they gain $50-100 per auction due to the free shipping. Great strategy.

Yep they have a big "Event" auction that starts ending in about a half hour.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sparklecitycomics/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1

As for how they are able to get away offering free shipping I have no idea. (shrug) Seems like it would be losing proposition on all books under a certain dollar amount, but seems to be working out well for them so far.

Book I am VERY interested in... but I may hold off as I have my eye on a whale...

Or I may say to heck with it and try and take both home.

Edited by Buzzetta

I really wanted the Batman # 11 but I really need to concentrate on some other keys. :censored:

I bid on that up until the end. I refused to go higher than $2000 (I went $1985 just to see if the guy before was going higher than $2000) on that. I will take a slightly lower grade when the time comes. On to other things...