• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your favorite panels

292 posts in this topic

I don't recall seeing a thread like this before, but I apologize if its been done.

I've posted a few of my favorite Centaur panels lately, and thought it would be fun to see people's favorite panels. Covers get all the attention, but comics are nothing without panels!!! Whether they are iconic, unintentionally funny, well drawn, well colored, first appearance in costume, whatever... let's see them! The bigger the better!

And while you're at it, if possible, list the title and issue #.

I posted this one a few days ago in a Centaur related thread, and its one of the top panels on my list. Great Gustavson art from Funny Pages #37:

FP37panelp2.jpg

I saw this panel when I was a lad in the 1970's/early 1980's ... it was in a weekend supplement magazine of the Winnipeg Free Press, in an article about golden age comics. It left a big impression on me.

No longer own the comic unfortunately. From the Human Top story (D. Briefer), RED RAVEN #1:

HTpanel2.jpg

One more for today... I picked up a few PIF PAF comics (from Argentina) lately, and two of them had pages from DETECTIVE #29 ... I love this Dr. Death story by Bob Kane... and its cool seeing the art in black and white...

batpanel1pifpaf.jpg

I posted this one fairly recently in the Atlas thread. This is from Battlefront # 24's Anderson's story, Maquis, and his work is super-detailed in each panel in an entire page of silent panels. This is my favorite (and was singled out by AStrange) -

127716.jpg.ed03fb7f1d8ad0e4d457aac647b3d8c1.jpg

Turning out to be a great idea for a thread, Ryan (good call) - lots of very interesting stuff already.

This is memorable - Fred Guardineer from Adventures into the Unknown #1:

100_1763-1.jpg

Turning out to be a great idea for a thread, Ryan (good call) - lots of very interesting stuff already.

This is memorable - Fred Guardineer from Adventures into the Unknown #1:

Great splash panel Steve! IIRC, there is a page of that story that is nothing but text-less panels... I remember Bob showing that off. I'll see if I can track down my photos of that page.

Looking forward to more Guardineer panels...