• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your favorite panels

292 posts in this topic

darn near any Torchy panel is nice, but I like this one:

10-12-31%2520Moderns%2520BZ.JPG

(how long before you noticed the alligators?)

There are alligators in the panel? :insane:

What issue did this great panel come from?

I love how all the women in Bill Ward comics are either gorgeous or old hags. The men are merely window dressing.

I can't really crop the image, so here's the whole page - Bert Christman was the Allied pilot shot down and killed in 1942 in the Burma Theatre that we've talked about on the Board before:

Risking the eternal wrath of RyanH, this is from AMF 1/4 (but was reprinted elsewhere):

100_1607-1.jpg

I can't really crop the image, so here's the whole page - Bert Christman was the Allied pilot shot down and killed in 1942 in the Burma Theatre that we've talked about on the Board before:

100_1607-1.jpg

From Heroic Comics.

christman.jpg

For those that don't know Christman's work, he was the co-creator of the Sandman.

As 'Larry Dean', Christman handled the first four Sandman adventures in Adventure Comics (#40 through #43) before Flessel took over. Good stuff.

From the master, Bill Everett:

100_1585-1.jpg

Awesome! What comic is that one from?

It was reprinted in Amazing Mystery Funnies 2/7, but appeared earlier in another issue somewhere. Centaur was well-known for shuffling/reprinting select stories around.

The full story ("The C-20 Mystery") is available in the Bill Everett Archives Vol. 1, Amazing Mysteries, from Fantagraphics Books. Highly Recommended.

Thanks! I got the "Fire and Water" book about Bill, but the archives book is still on my Amazon wish list. I'll have to bump it up!

Oh, BangZoom: I totally recognized that panel and the Archie comment still threw me for a loop! :P