• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your favorite panels

292 posts in this topic

I still like it (thumbs u

I posted this one fairly recently in the Atlas thread. This is from Battlefront # 24's Anderson's story, Maquis, and his work is super-detailed in each panel in an entire page of silent panels. This is my favorite (and was singled out by AStrange) -

Yup, good one Michael - five figures in one panel, and the girl's 'figure' is alluring. I've read that story though can't recall from what issue.

This Guardineer panel sticks out in my mind for some reason.

100_1667-1.jpg

Looking forward to more Guardineer panels...

Two words, Mr. H... DAN HASTINGS!

The best of the best!!!

That five figure Guardineer panel that Scrooge posted is from AMF 2/5 I believe, but I think it appeared in another Centaur earlier than that. Not sure which title.

Looking forward to more Guardineer panels...

Two words, Mr. H... DAN HASTINGS!

The best of the best!!!

That five figure Guardineer panel that Scrooge posted is from AMF 2/5 I believe, but I think it appeared in another Centaur earlier than that. Not sure which title.

IIRC, it was first printed in Funny Pages v. 2 # 2. :thumbsup:

From the master, Bill Everett:

100_1585-1.jpg

Awesome! What comic is that one from?

It was reprinted in Amazing Mystery Funnies 2/7, but appeared earlier in another issue somewhere. Centaur was well-known for shuffling/reprinting select stories around.

The full story ("The C-20 Mystery") is available in the Bill Everett Archives Vol. 1, Amazing Mysteries, from Fantagraphics Books. Highly Recommended.