• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Abandoned Books Do You Most Want To See Come Back?

55 posts in this topic

Kenneth Rocafort (worship)

[font:Book Antiqua]+ 1

He is an amazing artist and relatively unknown,

get it him now that he is cheap.

This is an example of his work

belong to Adonis...[/font]

AVKR.jpg

A few weeks ago I stood in line for 8 hours to get him to do a picture in my sketchbook. :cloud9:

I would also love to see New England Comics pre-code history series TALES TOO TERRIBLE TO TELL be completed. Each issue, in comic book format, dissected a few horror publishers. Lots of b&w story reprints, color cover galleries, analysis of approach and key stories, cool letters to the editor and more.

The set is still available from NEC and well worth the price $22 price. But it was cancelled before all of the publishers could be covered. It left the pre-code fan wanting more. But what is there may be one of the best documentations of the pre-code horror industry and output.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs....but only by Schultz....GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. One issue per year would be fine with me.

That would be great. I think he was talking about a text heavy format with pictures that he was working on....

I suspect this will be only vote for this one, but I really regret that books 3 and 4 never appeared. This was a wonderful 'Barks noir' effort from Van Horn.

127733.jpg.262bd7b742b9b22e3b76ee22398deaf5.jpg

Superboy and the Legion of Super-heroes (the real Superboy)

Warlock by Starlin

Batman Adventures

House of Secrets/Mystery with guys like Wrightson, Adams, and add in some new guys like Eric Powell. Only really good guys though.

Lobo

A Neal Adams Batman or Green Lantern that wasn't perverted by his Continuity Comics-style.

Batman Odyssey was more of a let-down than Dark Knight Strikes and the Dark Horse Comics Jim Shooter Magnus.

I just don't get how Adams could have done such a great cover to All Star Superman 1, only to rush through a cartoony version of Batman in the Odyssey mini.