• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help grade my FF 86

21 posts in this topic

I'm sorry if my books aren't that interesting. I'm still just having fun playing with my new scanner... sorry.gif

Anyhow, you guys want to take a stab at my FF 86? Only other remarks would be nice and fresh Off White to White Pages and very glossy inks.

Thanks again,

-Jim

FF86-fr-sm.jpg

FF86-bk-sm.jpg

and distributor overspray (or something of that nature)

Yes, it's distributor spray. It came out during the purple week! It can't remember which one that is... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd go 8.5, but I'd want to peek closer at the top cover.

Your wish is my command!

FF86-fr-zoom1.jpg

FF86-fr-zoom2.jpg

The "hair" you see in the URC is just a fiber from my gloves (I think)

For all of the VF guys out there -- what do you guys see on this book that is worse than what is visible in all of the 9.0s in the Overstreet Grading Guide? I feel very strongly that this book is a 9.0 based on what I can see, but since I'm the only 9.0, you guys are making me wonder if I'm missing something big here. confused-smiley-013.gif

For all of the VF guys out there -- what do you guys see on this book that is worse than what is visible in all of the 9.0s in the Overstreet Grading Guide? I feel very strongly that this book is a 9.0 based on what I can see, but since I'm the only 9.0, you guys are making me wonder if I'm missing something big here. confused-smiley-013.gif

For me, it is the collection of a lot of little things.

The miswrapped spine is hiding (I think) several small spine creases.

The potential tear on top.

The rounding on some of the corners.

Looks like a ding on the LLC (judging from the back).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan (who always thought he was better than a VF guy laugh.gif )

For all of the VF guys out there -- what do you guys see on this book that is worse than what is visible in all of the 9.0s in the Overstreet Grading Guide? I feel very strongly that this book is a 9.0 based on what I can see, but since I'm the only 9.0, you guys are making me wonder if I'm missing something big here.

Well, it is mostly so that the other kids will think I am cool. If I give the same grade that most other people give, they might let me sit at their lunch table. insane.gif

Seriously though, it is definitely that tear on the top of the cover that does it for me. Without that tear, it has a fairly decent shot for a 9.2/9.4 grade. The purple distributer's spray is not looking too pretty either. 893frustrated.gif Props to Murph for pointing both of those out. 893applaud-thumb.gif

For all of the VF guys out there -- what do you guys see on this book that is worse than what is visible in all of the 9.0s in the Overstreet Grading Guide? I feel very strongly that this book is a 9.0 based on what I can see, but since I'm the only 9.0, you guys are making me wonder if I'm missing something big here.

Well, it is mostly so that the other kids will think I am cool. If I give the same grade that most other people give, they might let me sit at their lunch table. insane.gif

Seriously though, it is definitely that tear on the top of the cover that does it for me. Without that tear, it has a fairly decent shot for a 9.2/9.4 grade. The purple distributer's spray is not looking too pretty either. 893frustrated.gif Props to Murph for pointing both of those out. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ditto (wow! I undergraded FFB - write it down!) 27_laughing.gif

Ditto (wow! I undergraded FFB - write it down!) 27_laughing.gif

Think of yourself as Charlie "Wild Thing" Sheen from the movie "Major League." You're all over the place except directly over the plate. wink.gif27_laughing.gif