• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The next MARVEL TEAM movie isn't Avengers 2... (Possible Spoiler)

72 posts in this topic

The only characters I would even care to see are Firelord, Quasar, Nova, Adam Warlock...oh and Black Bolt does he count? Uhmm I'm actually getting kinda excited for this movie now if it has the right characters???

I have all of the Annihilation era hardcovers.  Great books.

AMAZING books. That series, including the Four 4-issue mini's that preceded it is outstanding.

I concur with this excellent assessment.

I have all of the Annihilation era hardcovers.  Great books.

AMAZING books. That series, including the Four 4-issue mini's that preceded it is outstanding.

I concur with this excellent assessment.

+3!

The Annihilation and Conquest books were so freaking good. Great artwork and a great read. Good stuff. Can't wait for this movie!!

Can't imagine how popular this movie would be without some kind of tie-in to the current Marvel movies. The general public has no idea who Thanos or GoG are.

Easy....during an assault on Asgard, Loki is freed and the Infinity Gauntlet stolen...ENTER Rocket Raccoon, Adam Warlock, and Starlord.

Do you think Marvel would ever use Captain Marvel in a movie? He would be one of the best heroes to use in space. However, considering he has been a non factor and dead for so long except for imposters and others taking over the name it wouldn't make all that much sense from Marvel's over all marketing to use him. Of course Guardians is one of the weaker Marvel products to being with anyways.

Also I wonder if this film does well if they well then consider rebooting the Silver Surfer and giving him his own film, perhaps with a non cloud Galactus.

Since the Surfer was in one of the FF films, I'm guessing that Marvel doesn't have the movie rights to him. A good Surfer film could be awesome though. :cloud9:

I can see it getting a small spike, due to speculators. Its definitely not going to go for huge money even though MSH 18 is a classic IMO. Since I collect GOTG its a mixed blessing as others may see how cool the original team was and I may have a harder time upgrading and it may be harder for me to buy more pages of OA when they turn up. At least I can say I was buying this stuff be they be became "cool to own".

I've been a GOTG fan for many years too, and MSH #18 is one tough book to find in decent shape.

I've been a GOTG fan for many years too, and MSH #18 is one tough book to find in decent shape.

You are not kidding. I've tried to find a second copy for years in 9.0 or better condition, and ran across another copy worth buying.

I can see it getting a small spike, due to speculators. Its definitely not going to go for huge money even though MSH 18 is a classic IMO. Since I collect GOTG its a mixed blessing as others may see how cool the original team was and I may have a harder time upgrading and it may be harder for me to buy more pages of OA when they turn up. At least I can say I was buying this stuff be they be became "cool to own".

Posting while half asleep is hazardous to my grammar. :insane:

I've been wanting to upgrade my copy for a while. Do you get the various appearances in various books like Defenders and Marvel- Two-In -One etc.?

I was a bit disappointed in the new team, unfortunately just not quite as good as the old.

Posting while half asleep is hazardous to my grammar. :insane:

I've been wanting to upgrade my copy for a while. Do you get the various appearances in various books like Defenders and Marvel- Two-In -One etc.?

I was a bit disappointed in the new team, unfortunately just not quite as good as the old.

Yep. As far as I know I still have all the BA appearances. Marvel 2 in 1 #5 is a cool book. I like the run in Marvel Presents.

I enjoyed the title in the 90's, but I haven't read barely seen any of the recent stuff so if the movie does happen I don't know how interested I'll be.