• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I loathe eBay

48 posts in this topic

I may have had a little too much wine for dinner. Could someone explain this stampe/proof of delivery system (Anfield/Whizzer) in plain language and in detail? It sounds interesting.

BTW: Sorry to hear about this Nick. Common sense and rationality on eBay is rarer than hens teeth.

The post office give you a printed receipt with the date and price on it and then they write the house number and post code on it - that is your proof of postage when needing to claim against the PO for lost or damaged items.

So this is just proof that you sent it to the address, and not to be confused with proof it was actually delivered? Am I understanding this correctly?

Guy wins a piece of cheap rubbish for 19p (around 27 cents) and pays promptly. Book gets sent by Royal Mail 1st class on 22nd June, no insurance. no tracking - hey, he obviously decided to avoid a £2.75 postal charge on a 19p book!

Since he is trying to call you out on this by asking for any form of shipment proof, did you at least keep a copy of the receipt when you paid the mail? Even though you may not have tracking, he did ask for any form of proof.

If you have this, politely call his bluff and send a scan if you have it showing the date it went out.

But it does suck how Ebay talks a good game about its seller protection in these situations, and yet the buyer has everything going for them.

Ignoring all logic, the buyer wouldn't budge and stated that he would only retract the neg upon receipt of proof of postage...knowing full well that with the service he had paid for, you don't get proof of postage. :censored:

Not even a receipt of payment?

Yeah, got the receipt, but it includes seven packages and none of them have any identifying marks. :(

Sorry to hear that Nick. I'm sure anyone who looks at your feedback will know straight away what a fake he was.

I have some advice, for proof of postage you can get a book where you write the persons name and address inside and they stamp it for you. It's free and covers you for £28 should anything get lost. I can show you a scan of what it looks like if you want.

Post office used to hand them out but stopped that months ago, I haven't bothered with proof of postage since.

Where did you buy this from?

It's free Chris. It's called a "certificate of posting book". You can ask at the post office or call a number and they send it for free.

I may have had a little too much wine for dinner. Could someone explain this stampe/proof of delivery system (Anfield/Whizzer) in plain language and in detail? It sounds interesting.

BTW: Sorry to hear about this Nick. Common sense and rationality on eBay is rarer than hens teeth.

The post office give you a printed receipt with the date and price on it and then they write the house number and post code on it - that is your proof of postage when needing to claim against the PO for lost or damaged items.

So this is just proof that you sent it to the address, and not to be confused with proof it was actually delivered? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yessir.

Yeah, got the receipt, but it includes seven packages and none of them have any identifying marks. :(

Maybe worth a try, and even give a call into Ebay showing you have a copy of the receipt showing payment.

Could you even bring it back to your postal center and see if they can call up any information on this transaction? They must have something for accounting and tax purposes.

:wishluck:

Nick,

Somehow someway I have been able to keep my 100% feedback on eBay.

I actually just gave my first negative feedback comment in over 5 years to an UK seller on a Walking Dead issue because the person didn't even ship the book to me or respond to my messages. That always deserves a negative feedback.

However in NOOOOOO way shape or form what you did deserves that kind of feedback. You made the buyer whole again so if I was buyer I would just be happy my money was refunded and just leave nothing as feedback.

I would try to contact eBay and see if you can have it somehow retracted. If that fails I would just reply to the negative feedback telling anyone who views the comment that you refunded the money, etc....

Any reasonable person will not be strayed away from bidding on your items for something like that. I know I wouldn't. Most people understand not all transaction go perfectly and once in a while this stuff happens.

good luck,

john

Sorry to hear that Nick. I'm sure anyone who looks at your feedback will know straight away what a fake he was.

I have some advice, for proof of postage you can get a book where you write the persons name and address inside and they stamp it for you. It's free and covers you for £28 should anything get lost. I can show you a scan of what it looks like if you want.

Post office used to hand them out but stopped that months ago, I haven't bothered with proof of postage since.

Where did you buy this from?

It's free Chris. It's called a "certificate of posting book". You can ask at the post office or call a number and they send it for free.

Strange thing is Matt that they used to hand them out, I would write all the name/address info and they'd stamp them as they went. Then about 6 months later they told me they don't have them anymore.

They do write the name & address on the receipt but when I'm stood with 30+ parcels I'm really too impatient to wait. (:

Yessir.

Interesting.

We have something called an acknowledgement receipt, which is a little cue card with a signature box on one side, sender saddress and paid postage on the other, which is signed at the door when the receiver accepts the package. That card is then dropped into the mailbox by the mailman and is sent directly to the sender as proof the recipient received the package. It isn't offered with all CanadaPost packages, is offered at an additional cost, and I'm not sure if PayPal even considers this method (or the one offered by Royal Mail) as proof of delivery.

Could you even bring it back to your postal center and see if they can call up any information on this transaction? They must have something for accounting and tax purposes.

:wishluck:

:bump:

Take the receipt back to the postal center and see what may come of it. Worst-case, they say "Sorry - no luck."

eBay really is the now. I took years off from selling after some nonsense. I occasionally sell but give me something like Comiclink all day long where I don't have to deal directly with customers. (worship)

I noticed the past few weeks how much eBay has lost its tight grip. It used to be you could literally find any comic you wanted there and you could actually buy it because it was an auction. Now if you actually find a comic you are looking for it is a fixed price and at least $200 over GPA. Yeah no thanks. Comic web sites and their auctions along with Blazing Bob here we come.

But if you really wanted to see someone get mad you should have seen how much the gym pissed me off today. Hulk threw many weights and dropped many F bombs.

sent that person a message and pointed to this thread. hopefully it can be cleared up. question though, couldnt you guys meet halfway and drop the book off. not like its going from ga to california or anything

It's 200 miles away.

For a 19p (27 cent) book?

Possibly not worth it. :/

sent that person a message and pointed to this thread. hopefully it can be cleared up. question though, couldnt you guys meet halfway and drop the book off. not like its going from ga to california or anything

It's 200 miles away.

Nice trip to Yorkshire.

It's 200 miles away.

Nice trip to Yorkshire.

Any pubs to make the trip worth it?

It's 200 miles away.

Nice trip to Yorkshire.

Thousands.

N

It's 200 miles away.

Nice trip to Yorkshire.

No, but check out their pudding.

Look at it this way WHY would anyone with any brains give you problems over a 29 cent book ? Answer is very clear hes a NUT ?

How about this send him 19p in coins and a few stamps in a envelope ?

That should shame him !

Dont forget to get a reciet for proof !

Within ten minutes of me issuing the refund, he leaves this feedback...

'RIP OFF- avoid. Refund given, as seller didn't want to sell item at low price.'

What a.... #&*% . He'll probably get the book in the mail in the next few days, and then be completely silent about it.