• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Relative Scarcity of Adventure Comics 32-50

39 posts in this topic

Since this thread involves a topic that's near and dear to my heart, here's another one:

That's just a treat for the eyes. I love it when the art, condition, and rarity come together like this. It's fortunate that a disproportionate fraction of the 150 or so comics from the late 1930s that have survived in perfect condition also happen to have beautiful cover art.

If only we could see the early Church Action Comics, in particular the non-hero covers which I like the best. It's really a shame these are hidden away when so few of these treasures have survived.

Those are dreamy. :luhv:

I currently own a copy of 47, 51 and 60. I would love to add some more Sandman covers but they are pricey....

If we're lucky, maybe SDJ will post one of his gems

With Pleasure. (thumbs u

And what is better than a good old fashioned group shot? Adventure 33-36, Church run:

AdventureChurch.jpg

You've got to be kidding me! (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

With Pleasure. (thumbs u

And what is better than a good old fashioned group shot? Adventure 33-36, Church run:

AdventureChurch.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about. Outstanding!! :applause:(worship)

With Pleasure. (thumbs u

AdventureChurch.jpg

:whatthe:

My highest graded GA book ever owned was a VF+ Adventure 66 ... always felt odd reading it... for some reason my lower grade had more "nostalgia"... nevertheless the high grade stuff is amazing. Hard to believe they survived all these years and still look new. Those Church books are Real Gems!

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I love these books, in particular Adventure 32-39. It's a great run of pre hero covers.

I would love to put the Church books of this little run back together. They seem like they belong together and should be kept intact. RHG, you have 32 and 39. I recall the Church 38 being auctioned some years back, don't know who has it. It was a really beautiful 7.5. The Church copy of Adv 38 I have never seen. Anyone ever see it?

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I love these books, in particular Adventure 32-39. It's a great run of pre hero covers.

I would love to put the Church books of this little run back together. They seem like they belong together and should be kept intact. RHG, you have 32 and 39. I recall the Church 38 being auctioned some years back, don't know who has it. It was a really beautiful 7.5. The Church copy of Adv 38 I have never seen. Anyone ever see it?

You mean #37. That's the one no one has seen.

I read my Adventure 44 last night and one of the stories has panels that match the cover of Adventure 36... just curious if anyone knows if they reprinted the story, or coincidence? Note: Snake and volcano panels

IMG_1322

IMG_1323