• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first CGC book!!!

20 posts in this topic

CGC owning cherry popped . Assuming the deal goes through.

Rather suprised I managed to win. My final proxy was at $182 and I wasn't going a penny higher. Was pretty much what was left of my budget for quite awhile.

Considering this and this which I looked up after I won, I figure I did well enough. confused-smiley-013.gif

And it was this book, 9.6 with White pages, and this 9.6 Off-White Pacific Coast on Pedigree that made me ask folks preference on paper quality vs pedigree. Was weighing which to go after.

Beautiful book. You going to collect the rest of the BA Spideys in 9.6W?

More concerned about getting a nice run (42-509, rest is too pricey at the moment) in 8.0 raw. 5 away from having them all in 4.0+, but around 45 away from having them all in 8.0+. This one might sate my CGC desires for the moment. Sort of just wanted to break that in.

The Pacific Coast copy has lesser page quality and a slanted miswrap. You chose a better book for just over half the price of the Pacific Coast. Who cares about the pedigree when you've got the better book? Would you rather have Doug's Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.6 Curator copy, or Tom Brulato's Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.8 non-pedigree copy? I know which one I'd rather have!

Rather suprised I managed to win. My final proxy was at $182 and I wasn't going a penny higher. Was pretty much what was left of my budget for quite awhile.

Considering this and this which I looked up after I won, I figure I did well enough. confused-smiley-013.gif

And it was this book, 9.6 with White pages, and this 9.6 Off-White Pacific Coast on Pedigree that made me ask folks preference on paper quality vs pedigree. Was weighing which to go after.

Congratulations, and we hold CGCA (CGC Anonymous) meetings online every Tuesday night at 7pm. Feel free to join in the serenity prayer....there will be literature for sale.

But seriously, that is a great looking book, and you made all the right decisions on the purchase! thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations, and we hold CGCA (CGC Anonymous) meetings online every Tuesday night at 7pm. Feel free to join in the serenity prayer....there will be literature for sale.

sign-funnypost.gif

Congrats on a really fine looking book!

but around 45 away from having them all in 8.0+.

PM me with your "want" list - I just might have what you're looking for.

Larry

Here's to hoping they put the Spider-Mobile in the next movie!

Day later and I'm rather giddy. I want my book! cloud9.gif

I have noticed that 130 seems to have more HG books in the census than the other non-key books surrounding it. But, given that it has the W pages and the pretty near perfect production quality, I'm comfortable in knowing its one of the best 9.6s, among many, out there.

Whaa? Man I hope you're kidding!

The mobile was cute to slide in for a one shot like this one,

but I feel that would be the cheese

that would bring the spidey movies to it's knees!

BatMan and Robin the movie was living proof of if you put too many silly things in, the

flick loses all watchability. I'm still cringing to this day about Arnold playing Mr. Freeze with

all those cornball one-liners.

Don't take my word for it - even Spidey himself in ASM issue # 126 quoted the Spider Mobile as "First Class Dumb".

The only cool thing that ever came from this idea was the ultra sweet Mego Spider Mobile that

was cool to play with as a kid.

Oh well not to beat a dead horse... I like your tastes as far as collecting goes...

As it was stated earlier 131 is a nice book to own too, because aside from the Spidey Buggy

Aunt Many Marring Doc Ock has got to be the nuttiest off-shoot Spidey story yet. grin.gif

Don't worry about that, i know the seller and he's great.

(FYI, his grading on raw book is also excellent). thumbsup2.gif

Figured its hard to go wrong with 1150 feedbacks and 100%. You can go wrong, but you gotta work hard at it =)

DKB,

Buying your first HG slabb is like getting bite by a vampire. A few more bites and a blood lust for more will develop. Wear garlic otherwise you will become a creature of the night on these boards.

If that's the case. I must be Blade because I only buy CGC when the book

is a needed key in my collection (nothing would suck more, if down the road I cash in my collection and find some of the costly pieces that I bought raw were PLODs)

boo.gif

Day later and I'm rather giddy. I want my book! cloud9.gif

I have noticed that 130 seems to have more HG books in the census than the other non-key books surrounding it. But, given that it has the W pages and the pretty near perfect production quality, I'm comfortable in knowing its one of the best 9.6s, among many, out there.

And those who are still in the market, I have a 9.4 and 9.6 WHITE PAGES of #130 going up soon...I'm nearing the finish line on getting everything prepped 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

QPs a little off though sorry.gif

57616017.jpg