• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Loki pulled a fast one on The Avengers and the audience

33 posts in this topic

***Spoiler alert***

The whole article seems to stem from the premise that Loki wanted to be taken back to Asgard somehow so he can essentially have a shot at the Infinity Gauntlet. Didn't Thor offer to take him home very early in the movie when he lifted Loki from the plane where he was being held by Cap and Ironman? Seems to me the movie could have ended right there if that was the case.

He addressed that in the comments.

***Spoiler alert***

The whole article seems to stem from the premise that Loki wanted to be taken back to Asgard somehow so he can essentially have a shot at the Infinity Gauntlet. Didn't Thor offer to take him home very early in the movie when he lifted Loki from the plane where he was being held by Cap and Ironman? Seems to me the movie could have ended right there if that was the case.

Can't blame Loki for plotting on the Infinity Gauntlet. i been trying to steal that thing my whole life!

but couldn't he have just taken it at the beginning of Thor when everyone thought he was good? or even when Odin was in the sleep... maybe there is some mythology I missed?

I think there's a decent chance he's right.

Except for the part about working for/with Thanos still in order for Loki to rule Asgard and let Thanos get his fist into that Infinity Gauntlet.

That part makes no sense. Loki wants to rule Asgard and will give Thanos a weapon that could destroy Asgard with a thought?

Yes he addressed that in the comments, but it didn't answer it. It's a flaw in his logic of the Thanos Loki team up, even if he was right about Loki wanting to get home to take over.

No way he hands Thanos the weapon that would make Thanos infinitely more powerful than himself. No pun intended.

No way he hands Thanos the weapon that would make Thanos infinitely more powerful than himself. No pun intended.

Could Loki has tricked Thanos too just to get his way, and head back to Asgard?

:ohm

Unfortunately all of Loki's considerable powers could not fool me into thinking this was an awesome movie :(

Congratulations. You are possibly the only person in the world who feels that way. And also possibly the only person in the world who cares. :baiting:

***Spoiler alert***

Yes, but then he wouldn't have been able to partake in as much mischief as he did in the latter half of the film - his other favorite pastime besides lying.

(thumbs u

No one is saying that he will GIVE the IG to Thanos.

Except for the part about working for/with Thanos still in order for Loki to rule Asgard and let Thanos get his fist into that Infinity Gauntlet.

That part makes no sense. Loki wants to rule Asgard and will give Thanos a weapon that could destroy Asgard with a thought?

Yes he addressed that in the comments, but it didn't answer it. It's a flaw in his logic of the Thanos Loki team up, even if he was right about Loki wanting to get home to take over.

Its entirely possible that Loki doesn't fully understand or know the depth of power of the Infiniti Gauntlet. Perhaps Odin doesn't either, or he might've found an even more secure place for it. Thanos would also be mindful of how such an item could be used if it fell into Loki's possession, so perhaps the plan they hatched was simply to get Loki back to Asgard, but Thanos didn't tip his hand to Loki entirely as to why.

(thumbs u

^^

If we're to assume that the article is how the plan was to go down, I would imagine Loki's personality issues and machinations were foreseen by Thanos. It would not be the first time that Thanos let a character off the chain, knowing full well how the scenario would play out and utilize that character's actions in his plans.

I can only hope that Joss Whedon understands Thanos' character that he would actually go down this road for the sequel. That would be quite amazing.

(thumbs u

That's sort of, kind of, exactly, what the author postulated as the reason Loki wasn't really betraying Thanos:

But I think Thanos was the co-architect of this plan. Why? Because he wants Loki back in Asgard too. Just sending him back wouldn’t work – Loki has to be brought back by Thor so that Odin does not suspect he’s still working with Thanos. See, with Loki back in Asgard, and knowing that Odin feels incredibly guilty about Loki in general and usually lets him off with little more than a slap to the wrist, Thanos has the perfect operative within striking distance of the one thing in the whole universe he REALLY wants (well, more than Death).

What is it Thanos wants? Did you miss it when you saw Thor? It’s easy to miss, but…

infinitygauntlet-300x300.jpg

That’s right…in Odin’t vault is none other than the Infinity Gauntlet. And now Loki is right there, and he broke into it before without much trouble. Loki losing to the Avengers was the best possible outcome for both Loki, who can now try to take over Asgard again, and Thanos, who now has potential access to the Infinity Gauntlet

The author backpedaled off of this implication in the comments section but the implication remains.