• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: What's the most you've ever spent on a comic book?

What's the most you've ever spent on a comic book?  

990 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most you've ever spent on a comic book?

52 posts in this topic

I paid $115,000 for the Mile High/Edgar Church copy of More Fun #52 about 8 years ago shocked.gif Gone now frown.gif

Daaaang Steve! headbang.gif

I don't know. Just hard for me to picture someone actually giving up more than most people make in a few years for something like...a comic book. I've dropped a several hundred on my X-men #1 that you guys graded at a 2.5, and I thought that was tough.

Were you crying when you paid for it? I know I would have been.

I just spent a grand for a Poor copy of SUSPENSE #3.

...and to think I passed it up in the dollar bin because it was just too raggedy stooges.gif

The most I've spent is $1500 on VG Captain America #74. Considering it was nearly 10 years ago - probably not the best investment ( think of the HG Bronze & Silver I could have had for that amount), but it was my ultimate grail at the time and is still one of last books I'd ever part with. In recent years the most was $1250 for a VG- FF #1 a couple years ago. Those are the only two times I've spent a $1000 or more. I like to keep my purchases under $400 if I can, and am always happy when I can pick up Atom Age books I want for under $50. I love the fact that one can still find cool Atom Age esoteric books in G to FN for $5 - $20.

The most I've spent is $1500 on VG Captain America #74. Considering it was nearly 10 years ago - probably not the best investment ( think of the HG Bronze & Silver I could have had for that amount), but it was my ultimate grail at the time and is still one of last books I'd ever part with.

Personally, I think the CAP 74 was a great investment. That book is still hot, and rarely turns up in any grade.

well, so far the most I've spent is $800.00 for a F/VF Action Comics #40 , however, The Chicago Con is coming up, and I've put aside $2000.00 for the trip..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lord I need a different hobby............ sorry.gif

Most I ever spent on a book was about 10Kish cash/trade deal but I had to buy the books in cash that I traded away. As long as I believe in the book personaly and I can afford it,I don't mind the cost.I'm not some huge high roller like Steve Borock spending 6 figures 27_laughing.gif I'm not rich like him hail.gif

I am a collector on a serious budget. Most I spent is about $400 on Hulk 1 VG+ in 1988.

I have since matched that price on a few other books (like Hulk 3 VF- and Captain America 2 Fair). That cap 2 cover is in great shape but its not connected to the interior. Displays great though.

Overall pretty happy with the prices for what I received. If i am going to dig deep nowadays, I need a very good deal.

elvis

$4000 CDN (approximately $2700 US) for my X-Men #1, which was supposed to be a VF copy. Amazing how these things degrade over the course of a few years when you A) never take them out of the bag/board B) learn A LOT about comic collecting and the subjective nature of grading Silver Age books C) submit the comic to CGC for a review. laugh.gif

Oh, in case anyone cares, it got 6.0 unrestored, which I was only slightly disappointed with. 6.5 would have been a lot more paletable for some reason.