• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary Oldman in Episode III - can bad comics be far behind?

11 posts in this topic

Off the imdb website:

"Oldman to Play Deadliest 'Star Wars' Villain

British actor Gary Oldman will play the "deadliest" Star Wars villain ever in the franchise's final prequel Episode Three. The Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban star will voice character General Grievous, who is a part-alien/part-robot. And insiders say Oldman - who is considered to be one of the finest actors of his generation - was handpicked for the part by series creator George Lucas, who is a big fan of his work. A source says, "George thought Gary was the ideal choice." According to reports, Oldman's character will try and hunt down Jedi knights Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi in the film, which is due to hit cinemas next summer."

I hope this villain is cool... There are tons of good Vader comics, because the character is good. There are no good Darth Maul comics, because Maul was a throwaway... Here's hoping this Grievous guy has teeth...

can my 1602 set be far behind? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

or my Mbag ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway, General Grievous ??? WTF ??? even the character's names are turning into a cartoon aimed at 7-year olds 893frustrated.gif

And insiders say Oldman - who is considered to be one of the finest actors of his generation -

I concur, Gary Oldman is brilliant! However, reducing him to a voice behind a CGI image makes me wonder... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What's odd is that they are already in post--production on the movie... so all the acting has been done... and the rest of the actors had to react to this "Grevious" character without having any clue what he would sound like...

It's kind of a cool way to do a movie... Except if George goes off his meds, you could see all of Oldman's dialogue replaced with Aaron Carter... foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Nah, don't worry about... we'll get a good villain... Ok... now look scared... he's saying something scary!

It sounds like this movie is another circus, with another "mystery villian" to distract us from finishing the real story.foreheadslap.gif

I've heard that he will need to add/modify scenes in all the movies to get it right before releasing them all on DVD.

I cannot verify for sure obviously but a good friend that works at ILM told me at dinner the other night that Grand Admiral Thrawn will be making an appearance in the film. Take it for what it's worth but I trust my buddy implicitly and he's been right before.

grievouscover_unknown.jpg

jtf_general_grievous1.jpgjtf_general_grievous2.jpg

all i know is that he's in charge of the Separatists (now the Confederacy of Independent Systems) droid army and that he hunts Jedi for sport - displaying their lightsabers on his belt.

He's in the Clone Wars cartoon on Cartoon Network