• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 15 and some 'fishy'...

25 posts in this topic

dry clean, and spine split unsealed

Right... but why all the tape now, where before the transformation it only needed a tear seal on the spine?

And how was that tear at the top staple repaired so nicely?

Unless you're saying that the addition of the tape brought the grade down to where it was before the restoration was removed.

I'm sorry for being confused here... :ohnoez:

Glue, which gets the PLOD, was removed. Tape, which does not get the PLOD was added, in addition to some dry cleaning and a press.

And yes, books are downgraded for tape, but in this case the pressing and improved dry-cleaned appearance help keep the grade at 4.5.

Certainly signs of manipulation, but nothing necessarily dishonest done here.

True...

Good breakdown of grading criteria as I always get confused on the glue and tape thing.

No confusion. Tape is resto - CGC just sees it differently. Thus you get this ridiculousness.

I'm sorry if it has been discussed before but why is glue considered resto and tape is not?

Because with tape, the adhesive has plastic stuck to it. See how smart CGC is?

I'm sorry if it has been discussed before but why is glue considered resto and tape is not?

Because with tape, the adhesive has plastic stuck to it. See how smart CGC is?

They are loosing legitimacy by the hour (thumbs u

Book is also back on C-link..

Fixed that. ;)

The book originally came from there (back in May?) but I forgot what it sold for.

The first figure that came to mind was $2300-$2600...