• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

24 posts in this topic

I don't understand why people remove the asking price after a book sells. Just cross it out.

B/c it's not your business unless you were the buyer or the seller. I do this all the time.

Do you subscribe to GPA?

Yes I do.

And it's like this: the seller can do whatever they want in their thread. If she/he decides to remove the sales price, so be it. After the deal is done, its no longer relevant.

Its obvious that a seller can remove the asking/selling price after it sold,but replying with statements like ,"b/c its not your business" seems immature and I was unaware that a seller can do "whatever they want" in their thread. And I do think it is relevant to know the market.

The final selling price negotiated in PMs is nobody's business but the buyer's and seller's.

That's why they are called PMs.

But I can understand the desire for people to know what the original asking price was.

You know how OCD collectors are.

They can't wait to kick themselves for missing a good deal.

"He only wanted $XYZ for that book!? OMG!"

*kicks self for not being online*

I don't think it was necessarily a good deal. The only reason I bought it was because I think the glue on the spine should be easy to get rid of.

I really don't feel this discussion is fair to the buyer and seller. This is not something that is new to the boards. It happens all the time. Let it rest.

I have noticed it is more common than not for sellers to remove the sales price after an item sells so I tried it out and would have appreciated the respect to privacy on the price if I had been the buyer, so it sounded like a good idea. It was a good deal, but nothing so earth shattering to make anyone worried that they missed out on a real steal. If anyone really wanted to know because they are looking to sell their own Superman #4, I figured they could just PM me. Nuff Said!