• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sienkiewicz Comes Through!

14 posts in this topic

After the whole episode last year involving a boardie not receiving a promised sketch and then getting the proverbial 'shaft' by having a (deliberate or subconscious) badly hidden male member in the sketch when it was finally delivered by BS, I thought we should balance the scales a little.

Each year, my friend Christian stalks artist alley in San Diego with some embossed backer boards seeking sketch donations in aid of raising funds for Cystic Fibrosis cure efforts. He's done a FANTASTIC job each and every year, and this year was no exception.

Bill Sienkiewicz did a terrific "dracula" or man-bat, or something. Fresh out of his twisted imagination, it garnered over $150 for the cause when auctioned off on ebay.

Check out the link to the sketch on Christian's photobucket account and tell me that he hasn't redeemed himself from the condom-sporting episode...

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/elveen/SDCC%202011/?action=view&current=sienkiewiczw.jpg

(even better if someone can have the image show here in the thread...)

Kudos to Bill S. for donating his time to the cause.

hes done it but only after all the badpress he gotten from it I'm sure ... So while it does "redeem" him it does not make me think any better of him & have no interest at seeing him at any cons he goes too

I saw Bill do a cool Moon Knight head sketch for a kid at London Supercon, and when the kid's dad got his wallet out and asked how much? Bill just said " that's ok, welcome to the world of comics" and gave the kid the sketch foc. He had a decent line of paying customers waiting as well.

Thought that was pretty classy.

anybody have any experience ordering work (published work not commissions) thru his site? Did it go smoothly? There's a piece I like but I don't want to go thru a big song and dance... if the experience is similar to what some people have experienced on commissions.... well I don't need the piece THAT bad!

It's an awesome sketch, but that does not make up for what he did to Wrightsonfan. I had an artist (Dan Brereton) do this to me once - take my money at a con for a $500 painting and then take FORFREAKINGEVER to get me the piece. Well over a year. And when he did, it was garbage. I mean real garbage.

He may have done nice things for other people, but he boned me big time. And doing right by someone else doesn't make right how he boned me on that painting.

Start reading from here.

Looks like Wrightsonfan took the image down, but you get the picture from reading the thread.

I think Bill has made up for it with the recreation and the sketch for this cause though.

Start reading from here.

Looks like Wrightsonfan took the image down, but you get the picture from reading the thread.

I think Bill has made up for it with the recreation and the sketch for this cause though.

Google pointed me to Bleeding Cool. Picture is on the first page.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/comic-book-forum/30181-bill-sienkiewicz-troll.html

Start reading from here.

Google pointed me to Bleeding Cool. Picture is on the first page.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/comic-book-forum/30181-bill-sienkiewicz-troll.html

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/hSbE0.gif