• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

They just released details for the masquerade! - I don't know if I'll be able to participate cause my suit requires someone to help me get on and my friend wasn't able to get a pass the first time around - so I'm hoping we can get him one during the resale!

Anyone have any good leads on artists who will be @ SDCC 2013 that aren't yet listed on the official website?

The main site is currently listing "Special Guests." I just wish they would put a list together (like most conventions.) They have a huge list already of confirmed guests, why not make it public and add a note that the list may change. It is only a few months away.

A few artists have mentioned recently that they feel like SDCC does a horrible job in making their info available on the main site. I plan on sending out emails over the next few weeks to the list of creators I hope to see there. If I get confirmation from them, I'll post it here.

Anyone have any good leads on artists who will be @ SDCC 2013 that aren't yet listed on the official website?

The main site is currently listing "Special Guests." I just wish they would put a list together (like most conventions.) They have a huge list already of confirmed guests, why not make it public and add a note that the list may change. It is only a few months away.

A few artists have mentioned recently that they feel like SDCC does a horrible job in making their info available on the main site. I plan on sending out emails over the next few weeks to the list of creators I hope to see there. If I get confirmation from them, I'll post it here.

You Are A God Send

That's really cool. I've only seen a few that are coming to SDCC so far.

How about this - Which artists are you hoping will attend SDCC 2013? There's a lot of artists that normally get their own exhibit hall booth for the show:

Adam Hughes

J. Scott Campbell

Humberto Ramos

Francisco Herrera

Art Adams & Joyce Chin

Mike Mignola

Geoff Darrow

Jeff Smith

Eric Powell

Jim Balent

Joe Michael Linsner

Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti

Mike McKone & Jim Calafiore

I think folks like Terry Dodson, Bruce Timm, Jay Anacleto, Phillip Tan, and Mark Dos Santos normally get or are hosted at exhibit hall booths in Hall G, you can normally find regulars like William Stout, Dean Yeagle, Tone Rodriguez, Tony Fleecs, Chris Moreno, Joel Gomez, Beth Sotelo, Richard Friend, Livio Ramondelli, Carlos D'Anda, Eddie Nunez, and other Former Wildstorm staff.

Unless he's falling behind on his DC work, I can't imagine David Finch skipping this show, so I'd count on him either having an artist's alley or exhibit booth. Francis Manapul usually gets an artist alley booth, along with Brian Buccellato.

If you're hoping for Walking Dead artist Charlie Adlard to attend, sorry to disappoint you, he's said repeatedly that he's not coming to SDCC this year. But a lot of other Image artists should be there. John Layman and Rob Guillory from Chew are there every year, along with Ryan Ottley, most likely Cory Walker, and most of the Image titles will have representation from the artist and/or writer.

Marc Silvestri usually attends with Top Cow. Rob Liefeld usually sets up his own table at the Image area. Erik Larsen and Jim Valentino usually set up at Image. Not sure about Todd McFarlane. Jim Lee will be at the DC booth, but get to the booth early each day to try for a wristband to stand in line for his signature, or talk to Albert Moy, his art dealer, for any original art requests. Whilce Portacio will most likely have his own artist alley table.

If you're looking for a big name Marvel or DC artist, chances are you'll have to see them at the Marvel or DC booth. If you're looking for any of the Comic Con Special Guests, odds are try their publisher table or in a few cases, they will have their own booth.

I know I'm forgetting a lot of names, so yeah, who are you looking for? That'll help me give a better answer. :)

I want to know if Stuart Immonen is going to be there. With All-New X-Men being one of Marvel's hottest titles I would say there's a good chance.

These artists announced on their website that they are going and aren't listed on SDCC's site:

Adi Granov,

Jorge Molina,

Agnes Garbowska

I just bring anything I really want signed and then hope for the best. Especially DC. They use SDCC for their regular corporate retreat and for the publishers with booths there will be signings by creators who aren't listed as guests or in AA. My first couple of years I remember being caught off guard by signings for creators I didn't see listed anywhere and being upset that I had left books at home. Now I just bring any recent book I'd like signed and hope for the best.

You can also arrange to get commissions from artists who aren't on a guest list but will be there for whatever reason.

Older creators, make sure you check the list of panelists in the Mark Evanier sessions. There will almost certainly be some there who don't setup tables but will sign for you.

Remember that it is both the biggest fan AND the biggest industry convention.

I want to know if Stuart Immonen is going to be there. With All-New X-Men being one of Marvel's hottest titles I would say there's a good chance.

These artists announced on their website that they are going and aren't listed on SDCC's site:

Adi Granov,

Jorge Molina,

Agnes Garbowska

Its too large of a convention to list ALL the guest on their website. So just expect everyone to show up. Even at Wondercon, there were a few creators not listed as guest on the website but were in attendance. Best thing to do is follow your fav artist on twitter or FB for updates.

And... J. H. Williams III

I've never seen him at any West Coast con. I'm super excited to meet him! I love his artwork!

He's been at SDCC every time I've gone...

(at the Naked Fat Rave booth, of course now that I say this I won't get any of his time)

Adi Granov,

Jorge Molina,

Agnes Garbowska

Its too large of a convention to list ALL the guest on their website. So just expect everyone to show up. Even at Wondercon, there were a few creators not listed as guest on the website but were in attendance. Best thing to do is follow your fav artist on twitter or FB for updates.

See bold above:

My opinion and how I hope it works:

For artist alley registered guests, they should all be listed on the site w/ table #

For booth registered guests, they should all be listed on the site w/ booth #

For 'appearance' at XXXXX Booth on Sat at 1pm for 1 hour signing - that is on the actual vendor to promote that. I don't expect the SDCC site to have all that info.

Is this the way it is expected to be?

If anyone did not get a hotel room, there are a few available again. Several days ago I received a notice from the con about being on the waiting list for a better hotel. I was able to upgrade from a room five miles away to a room eight blocks away. May not be a hotel to brag about (Marriott Courtyard San Diego)but at least it is walkable! Before that I was facing a 40-minute shuttle each way.

As I write this there are several hotels available still, for all nights Wed-Sun. Needs to be booked through the official con Travel Planners link. The following are available, all at approx. one mile away from the con:

Doubletree Downtown San Diego

Sheraton Suites San Diego Symphony Hall

Wyndham Bayside (Holiday Inn on the Bay)

I don't suppose anyone has heard anything about a possible resale now that the refund deadline has passed?

This just in...

Comic-Con is happy to announce a badge resale will open sometime in June 2013. If you have a Comic-Con Member ID, you will be sent the resale date and time via email. To receive this email notification, please be sure to sign in to your Member ID account and confirm that you did not “opt-out” of email correspondence from Comic-Con International. This information is found in the “Change My Preferences/Unsubscribe” section once you have logged in. If you have selected to “opt-out” of email notifications from Comic-Con, you will not be notified when badges go on sale.