• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

Question for the experienced SDCC vets - are exclusive comics (by the big publishers) available preview night? Or not until Thursday morning?
Generally everything is available during Preview.

If you're going after the Hasbro stuff, you may want to try to get them during Preview.

On the other days, you have to line up to get a ticket to line up to buy it during a set time.

On Wednesday, it's a free for all.

Question for the experienced SDCC vets - are exclusive comics (by the big publishers) available preview night? Or not until Thursday morning?
Generally everything is available during Preview.

If you're going after the Hasbro stuff, you may want to try to get them during Preview.

On the other days, you have to line up to get a ticket to line up to buy it during a set time.

On Wednesday, it's a free for all.

With the caveat that they may limit how many for sale during preview night as well.

I will be there.
I heard the sad news today. :(

Come on, greggy, admit that you're a little lonely and longing for some 2c Conan.

Last week he started in with the filthy talk over in the WC threads I frequent. It was so disarmingly irresistible that I just had to fly out to California & see him.

If only for a moment.

Wear a T-shirt with a logo on the front for once.

I'm wearing a greggywifebeater.

fixed that for you

Less than 23 Days to go :banana:

Booth #5569 by Artist Alley, Hall H

Im still waiting for my flight and hotel reservation :baiting:

Plans for my sweet deal on a room went south today when I learned that I would be in a room with a bunk bed and I would have to share. lol

I have a few things in the works and wanted to check to see if anyone had some extra space just in case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also looking for a space too at SDCC from Tues July 16 to Mon. July 22.

I do have a back-up room just in case. The backup room is at Days Hotel San Diego Hotel (There is a free shuttle bus nearby if they keep same routine from last year) Tues July 16 to Mon July 22. Unfortunately, it's $190 a nite and a king bed but with microwave, fridge, and sitting room supposedly. Please note this is just backup room unless I can find more ppl preferably from the boards help split the costs.

Sort of disappointed by the AA. There have been some other cons with big names. Perhaps prices for SDCC are driving people out.

The AA is, in a few instances, being replaced by Exhibitor Booths. I found a good amount of artists that are listed as Exhibitors. Also, many artists are unlisted because they will be doing signings / hanging out with some of the exhibitors and will be unlisted.

I got the PMs about a place for SDCC and I may have landed a sweet place in the Gas Lamp District that sleeps 4 to 6. I'm still working out the details and will post about it when I hear.

If I do land it, it is a supremely nice place two blocks from the con and I will be offering it up for boardies willing to share the expense, which should be pretty affordable. Please don't bombard me with PMs right now. I'll post when I find out one way or the other.

This is going to be my first SDCC EVER!

Hope it going to be epic.

A friend and I a few years back was only able to get Thursday and we desided to not go and get a refund.

This year looks like I was the lucky one to be able to buy all badges for myself and my friends.

Any info on after parties or whats going on be awesome.

A friend and I a few years back was only able to get Thursday and we desided to not go and get a refund.

This year looks like I was the lucky one to be able to buy all badges for myself and my friends.

Congrats on getting badges! The best advice I can give you is make a list of panels, signings, and events for each day and try to make priorities on what you want to see. It is easy to get there and be overwhelmed. If you need an ATM, remember the surrounding hotels will have them. Also, try to enjoy the city of San Diego. It's a great city with awesome resturants!

This will be my 14th straight year attending the Con. Each one is special in it's own way. Bring plenty of spending $$$ and very comfortable shoes!

Safe Travels,

TP

Thanks. I have attended Seattle comic con which isn't like what I read about and seen online compared to sdcc. It's like pax I guess.

As far as signing. Will I have to go get a cgc rep and have them line up with me or will there already be one there at the signing booths?

Mike

You should find all the parties here:

http://www.outsidecomiccon.com/