• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodbye Mr. Goodbar

117 posts in this topic

I hope he gets his kicked out in San Diego. Hey Trippy, YOU CAN'T HANDLE YOUR ALCOHOL, you stupid waste of air

His name is no longer on the user list. I'd say he's been zapped.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=13068 :shrug:

Hobbies: comics, music, movies

What do you collect?: mostly 50's horror

What's your most desired collectable?: A slim 78 yr old sexy blonde female

Are you over 18?: yes

I can't help but not be compelled to say something about this situation.

I know there is no predictive approach to weed out this insanity, but perhaps its time for the boards to clamp down and institute some measures to ensure when more extreme activity occurs, the authorities have more to go by than just a faked identity.

I don't need to know what happened in every detail, but based on Roy's reaction, I'm pretty sure it involves being targeted. The worst part is that at the core of this community is discussion centered around the kinds of things we share in common.

When POS, commode scum, decide to target other members, and invade on that common thread that connects us all as members, it violates the entire community and not just that member being targeted.

More to the point, as a long-standing member here, I shouldn't have to worry that the information I've shared about myself will somehow be used against me by some unstable, lurking malcontent.

Unless the mods address this lunacy in a manner that sends a stern message of zero tolerance, and can assist in extreme situations by providing an accurate string of information on who these people are that frequent these message boards, I'm pretty much done here.

When I signed up over a year ago it wouldn't let me use my "free" email account, instead I had to use my work email address.

Has this restriction been lifted so people can join with Hotmail, Yahoo, GMail etc?

Is this why so many shill accounts occur?

I can't help but not be compelled to say something about this situation.

I know there is no predictive approach to weed out this insanity, but perhaps its time for the boards to clamp down and institute some measures to ensure when more extreme activity occurs, the authorities have more to go by than just a faked identity.

I don't need to know what happened in every detail, but based on Roy's reaction, I'm pretty sure it involves being targeted. The worst part is that at the core of this community is discussion centered around the kinds of things we share in common.

When POS, commode scum, decide to target other members, and invade on that common thread that connects us all as members, it violates the entire community and not just that member being targeted.

More to the point, as a long-standing member here, I shouldn't have to worry that the information I've shared about myself will somehow be used against me by some unstable, lurking malcontent.

Unless the mods address this lunacy in a manner that sends a stern message of zero tolerance, and can assist in extreme situations by providing an accurate string of information on who these people are that frequent these message boards, I'm pretty much done here.

I brought this up months ago but the status quo reigns. Expect nothing to be done.