• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiction House - the fugitive kind

120 posts in this topic

Just a quick tweak of the scanner and everything is supercharged. FWIW, the colors in my scan are very accurate.

+1

You've got to be careful. Some of the auction houses like to "tweak" the colors a bit too much and the scans can sometimes be a bit deceiving.

Just a quick tweak of the scanner and everything is supercharged. FWIW, the colors in my scan are very accurate.

+1

You've got to be careful. Some of the auction houses like to "tweak" the colors a bit too much and the scans can sometimes be a bit deceiving.

There are ebay sellers who pull the same trick. I recall some bitter disappointments.

You are right about that. I know it isn't a perfect science, but if the book is CGC graded I use the blue and white area of the CGC label as a guide to whether the coloring is "fishy". I know what that part of the label looks like in person so I can gage how close some colors might be in person depending on the depth of coloring on the label. Like I said, not an exact science, but helps limit the dissappointments on books where coloring is aiding my purchasing decision.

My Fight 30 is the only one I've ever seen that has a red cover - all the other ones I've ever seen have been orange. That book is a true vampire, I don't let it out into light at all.

My meager contributions:

fight030.jpg

My Fight 30 is the only one I've ever seen that has a red cover - all the other ones I've ever seen have been orange. That book is a true vampire, I don't let it out into light at all.

Cookeville copy: not as red as yours, but not bad:

fight30.jpg