• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic four and Daredevil reboots

44 posts in this topic

No, directing I believe... hm
There you have it :insane:

[font:Book Antiqua]Haters are going to hate...[/font]

:baiting:

:whatev:

[font:Book Antiqua]Sarah, dont you have a wolverine book to read...[/font]

:baiting:

Nope :(

I wish I did.

I'm just bored as hell :ohnoez:

He and matt Damon won their Oscar for the Good Will Hunting -script.

stfu-noob.jpg

(tsk)

[font:Book Antiqua]

What...?

Its a Harper government...![/font]

(shrug)

Hey Magnus,dont push me into political rants,im a noob,ill get a fine faster than

you can say where's that Trippy fella ?

:grin:

stfu-noob.jpg

(tsk)

[font:Book Antiqua]

What...?

Its a Harper government...![/font]

(shrug)

Hey Magnus,dont push me into political rants,im a noob,ill get a fine faster than

you can say where's that Trippy fella ?

:grin:

[font:Book Antiqua]Really...?[/font]

:devil:

how do you like dem apples?

and he was the perfect person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed in mallrats. perfect

i actually think more than anything, he didn't do a horrible job, he was just miscast as daredevil, not his fault per se (if i got the chance i would do it, and i would be terribly miscast too).

i would also say, i dont think daredevil is an easy character to cast. not a lot of ripped (but not too ripped), smart-looking, tallish, red-headed actors who can play blind well. Well at least no one comes to mind.

Daredevil and Electra were almost unwatchable to me.. Fantastic Four had too much cheese but I guess I kinda expected it going in. Here's hoping they do a better job this time around, too bad Marvel/Disney isn't producing though. Could probably go dark with Daredevil and make a real good film.

If they can do FF right...I will be thrilled!

Amen brother, Amen. Taking my favorite characters and making the worst movies possible is downright nasty.

+10

Those movies were both awful IMO. The scripting for the first one sounded like something for a Saturday morning cartoon. Jessica Alba talked like she was 13 years old.

I loved the special effects for the transformation of The Thing. Shaking under the covers, and then seeing him runninig away through the window. Fabulous. Don't get me started on that second film, I may have a panic attack.

i actually think more than anything, he didn't do a horrible job, he was just miscast as daredevil, not his fault per se (if i got the chance i would do it, and i would be terribly miscast too).

i would also say, i dont think daredevil is an easy character to cast. not a lot of ripped (but not too ripped), smart-looking, tallish, red-headed actors who can play blind well. Well at least no one comes to mind.

Daredevil should at least be able to match the gymnastics of Black Widow in Avengers, and then some. He's like the world's greatest (blind) freerunner, and the Affleck Daredevil just didn't have that level of energy and jaw-dropping stuntwork needed.

What little it had was overly dark with frantic camera moves.

Daredevil was freerunning long before freerunning was cool. Not to mention swinging like Spider-man. No reason they can't put it on film.

Not sure if anyone's seen "Chronicle" the found footage blockbuster by Josh Trank. Without giving too much away, there are definite super-hero elements to the film, and Trank broke the record for youngest director to have a #1 Box-Office hit (formerly held by Cameron, then Spielberg.)

Anyways, his name has been attached to both the Venom spin-off and the FF reboot. I was pretty impressed with Chronicle, seeing as how it was his directorial debut, and I'm not that into found footage films, but I definitely think he could give a really fresh taste to the FF series (although I'm much more excited to see him helm the Venom spin-off).

Source

Daredevil should at least be able to match the gymnastics of Black Widow in Avengers, and then some. He's like the world's greatest (blind) freerunner, and the Affleck Daredevil just didn't have that level of energy and jaw-dropping stuntwork needed.

What little it had was overly dark with frantic camera moves.

Daredevil was freerunning long before freerunning was cool. Not to mention swinging like Spider-man. No reason they can't put it on film.

They kind of did a bit of this with Captain America in The Avengers

I really like Affleck as an actor and love him as a director and really liked the Daredevil movie.

:facepalm:

it was a truly brave thing you did there. :grin:

Indeed. :wishluck: