• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Toast Report: SDCC 2012 PIC HEAVY!

465 posts in this topic

All of those boxes, counters, and other items on the floor are shipped in and I got around to checking out the loading dock. This isn;t a great pic, and it stretches on for a while.

IMG_2714.jpg

Previously posted by BlowUpTheMoon. For those who missed it first go around, a Marvel staffer told me no pictures. I managed to snap one off.

IMG_2706.jpg

hm Probably because they didn't want you to see what else is in those crates...Ark of the Covenant.

Previously posted by BlowUpTheMoon. For those who missed it first go around, a Marvel staffer told me no pictures. I managed to snap one off.

IMG_2706.jpg

hm Probably because they didn't want you to see what else is in those crates...Ark of the Covenant.

Funny you should mention the Ark - look for it a bit later. Everything was this show, and my theory is that SDCC is actually the place where the feds store all the top secret stuff out in the open.

IMG_2706.jpg

Funny you should mention the Ark - look for it a bit later. Everything was this show, and my theory is that SDCC is actually the place where the feds store all the top secret stuff out in the open.

I've always wanted a life size coffee table Ark.

I don't think many people know how much work really goes into this show, especially on the part of the exhibitors. SDCC has some crazy prices for all things from entry into the exhibit hall after hours to additional freight costs, and Internet access charges to the price of exhibitor badges.

If you do not have your freight inside the convention hall after a designated time, there is a charge of $1.19 per pound to have it hauled in. Can you imagine if you have a semi truck full of displays and books? A thousand pounds of late freight will cost you nearly two grand! :o

If you need Internet access to run credit/debit cards, it is an additional one hundred dollars per day. This should be automatically included with the price of your booth/table.

I was told there was a change in security companies for the convention. I forget the name, but the majority of them I saw were the rudest most unprofessional azzholes. several times I saw them actually pushing people from behind yelling for them to move when there was clearly no need. All I can say is that these guys were fortunate they didn't put their hands on me or anyone in my booth.

I understand that these companies need to hire massive employees for crowd management, and like anywhere else there will be less than professional employees, but this was out of hand.

I don't think many people know how much work really goes into this show, especially on the part of the exhibitors. SDCC has some crazy prices for all things from entry into the exhibit hall after hours to additional freight costs, and Internet access charges to the price of exhibitor badges.

If you do not have your freight inside the convention hall after a designated time, there is a charge of $1.19 per pound to have it hauled in. Can you imagine if you have a semi truck full of displays and books? A thousand pounds of late freight will cost you nearly two grand! :o

If you need Internet access to run credit/debit cards, it is an additional one hundred dollars per day. This should be automatically included with the price of your booth/table.

I was told there was a change in security companies for the convention. I forget the name, but the majority of them I saw were the rudest most unprofessional azzholes. several times I saw them actually pushing people from behind yelling for them to move when there was clearly no need. All I can say is that these guys were fortunate they didn't put their hands on me or anyone in my booth.

I understand that these companies need to hire massive employees for crowd management, and like anywhere else there will be less than professional employees, but this was out of hand.

Very educational, informative and topical Comic Convention related post.

And also the last thing I want to read about after being in the Smoky Mountains for a week, with very limited internet access.

So please, post some photos of Chromium spilling drinks, people in costumes, or Borock doing something he won't remember.

:foryou:

Good morning, boardies! I'm headed back home right now, layover in Portland for a few hours.

I will post tons of pics and tid bits later today for your reading and viewing pleasure. I bought some Walking Dead books here and got a ton of Adventure Time stuff. Made some new friends - for real, and I did not fly anyone in from Belgium ;)

Anyhow, crazy-crazy-crazy show. Had a great time hanging out with Underthebigw and StrongGuy. Great having drinks and dinner with Chromium, GACollectibles, Super Ted, Borock and many others.

Going to my gate for my plane now - catch you all in a bit.

PS: Paul and Jeff, I hope you guys got some sleep last night and I readily deny slamming the door at five this morning :whistle:

Any Ryan Elliott or Dan Patterson sightings?