• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Toast Report: SDCC 2012 PIC HEAVY!

465 posts in this topic

IMG_2738.jpg

who is going to buy this for their house???

If i've offended someone....GOOD!

This guy?

tattoos-guy.jpg

can't unsee that :(

The Adult Swim booth was a big draw and right next to the 'Toon Tumblers booth. Seth Green cruised by preshow and the creators of Venture Brothers loved the 'Toon Tumbler glasses.

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

who is going to buy this for their house???

If i've offended someone....GOOD!

This guy?

tattoos-guy.jpg

can't unsee that :(

Really? :facepalm: Is anyone impressed by this? That movie put me to sleep.

I liked the movie, but not as much as the tattoo guy, obviously.

They got to do something with those file cabinets to make them more interesting.

Comiccabinets.jpg

:o Wow, those are awesome! Love the batman one!

(worship) I'm working on drywalling my man cave and I know exactly what I'm puttin gin there next to a pinball machine.

I don't think many people know how much work really goes into this show, especially on the part of the exhibitors. SDCC has some crazy prices for all things from entry into the exhibit hall after hours to additional freight costs, and Internet access charges to the price of exhibitor badges.

If you do not have your freight inside the convention hall after a designated time, there is a charge of $1.19 per pound to have it hauled in. Can you imagine if you have a semi truck full of displays and books? A thousand pounds of late freight will cost you nearly two grand! :o

If you need Internet access to run credit/debit cards, it is an additional one hundred dollars per day. This should be automatically included with the price of your booth/table.

I used to work for a freight company in their trade show division. I am not kidding when I say shipping was usually the absolute cheapest part of attending a show. Most of the companies we dealt with didn't care if a shipment cost and extra $5000 just so long as it got there at the right time. And the $1.19 per pound might aggravate them, but it wasn't a deal breaker by any stretch. The thing to remember is that while they may apply to everybody, they're aimed at the Warner Bros., Sonys, Legos, and Hasbros.