• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Toast Report: SDCC 2012 PIC HEAVY!

465 posts in this topic

So is it safe to say that SDCC is the pop culture convention?

Unfortunately, it's safe to say that San Diego is no longer the premier comic con in the country.inue to do well - dealers that are not A level as far as quality of material

As far as pop culture goes, it's mind blowing. I thought last year was insane. This year topped it. The only one that I know of that surpasses this one is the one in Europe. Apparently it's multiples larger than SD.

Let's go.

Yes. Da.

During my stay at SDCC, we ate at a number of places ranging from Italian to Mexican. We at Croce's one night, which is owned by Jim Corce's widow. It was a fantastic place and the food was outstanding. I had the contemporary meatloaf - doesn't sound like much, but it was scrumptious!

The food and jazz was great, but you could not hear the person sitting two seats away from you. a lot of chatter and noise going on in that place.

Our Croce's dinner party (left side, front to back) inlcuded Toast, StrongGuy, UnderthebigW, Super Ted, GAcollectibles, (right side, front to back) Mrs. Anarchy X, Mr. Anarchy X, Chromium, and the last person I did not get to meet.

croce.jpg

SD's Gaslamp district near the convention center. I found a killer deli/corner market there. the triple meat sandwich they made there was enough to feed two hungry people.

IMG_2775.jpg

Not a bad place for Mexican food. Just don;t let Paul order the nachos :whistle:

IMG_2772.jpg

My favourite food place in SD.

As some might know, the video game industry has taken over a very large portion of SDCC, and there were many video game related costumes there.

The only problem I have with the costumes is that you can go out and buy just about any costume, where in days past you'd actually have to be pretty inventive to produce your own. I don;t do costuming or cosplay or anything else, but I do have an appreciation for creativity.

IMG_2777.jpg