• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #102 grading help requested

23 posts in this topic

I was thinking 4.0. Woud they take off for distributor inkspray in this case? It looks pretty distracting.

In this case yes.

A 3.5 or 4.0 is not a very high grade. Newt - when you say "in this case" what do you mean?

I was thinking 4.0. Woud they take off for distributor inkspray in this case? It looks pretty distracting.

In this case yes.

A 3.5 or 4.0 is not a very high grade. Newt - when you say "in this case" what do you mean?

I mean I already took off points for it. it would be higher if it didn't have the distributor ink. There are cases in my oppinion where the ink wouldn't take off that much points. Ya know when it's just a thin spray line at the top of the book....but this is a glob.

It is a very measy spray that goes to the back cover as well.

Thanks to all those who helped me with my ASM Annual #1. I also am wondering about my ASM #102 (origin Morbius) Squarebound. There is distributor spray on it, a lower right corner crunch, and some tears on the top.

Dan

Spider-man #102 Front

Spider-man #102 Back

Funny name I noticed on the back cover..... Harry Kevorkian of Michigan.

Possible offspring of Dr Jack Kevorkian of Pontiac, MI?? (1928- ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks to all those who helped me with my ASM Annual #1. I also am wondering about my ASM #102 (origin Morbius) Squarebound. There is distributor spray on it, a lower right corner crunch, and some tears on the top.

Dan

Spider-man #102 Front

Spider-man #102 Back

Possible offspring of Dr Jack Kevorkian of Pontiac, MI?? (1928- ) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I saw that too. Makes you wonder...

CGC range 4.0-4.5 depending on the distributor ink. I'm guessing 4.0...

Thanks for all your help. The actual dings and tears on the cover are really small. I wonder if the book may be suffering from the large scans. The spine is nearly stress free. How much are you all taking off for the distributor ink?

Dan

Dan

Spider-man #102 Front

Spider-man #102 Back

I saw that too. Makes you wonder...

He would certainly be the right age. Kinda looks like Jack Kevorkian too. 893whatthe.gif

CGC range 4.0-4.5 depending on the distributor ink. I'm guessing 4.0...

Thanks for all your help. The actual dings and tears on the cover are really small. I wonder if the book may be suffering from the large scans. The spine is nearly stress free. How much are you all taking off for the distributor ink?

Dan

hi.gifDan,

You can re-size the scans to 4" widths and then compress them to 25% with any photo type software. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This keeps all of the detail, allows you to post them directly, and let's us see the whole book, and nothing but the book, all at once. grin.gif

Newt are you listening? wink.gif This will work even with a 250K limit. cool.gif

-divad

hi.gifDan,

You can re-size the scans to 4" widths and then compress them to 25% with any photo type software. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This keeps all of the detail, allows you to post them directly, and let's us see the whole book, and nothing but the book, all at once. grin.gif

Newt are you listening? wink.gif This will work even with a 250K limit. cool.gif

-divad

Thanks Divad. Here are the reduced ASM #102 scans.

Dan

ASM_102_FR_reduced.jpg

ASM_102_BK_reduced.jpg