• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ROCK to play LOBO!?!

57 posts in this topic

Dwayne Johnson Will Not Star In 'Lobo' Movie

There's another DC movie down the drain.

Thank god.

DC/WB really need to get their act together and doing a lobo flick would not have helped. :facepalm:

Other than the Superman movie 10 years ago or whatever, what DC movie has been bad since Batman and Robin?

Green Lantern

Catwoman

Superman Returns

Jonah Hex

I personally didn't like the Nolan Batman trilogy, except for Ledgers portrayal of Joker. I know I'm in the minority on that though.

So that's pretty much the lions share of DC movies that have come out lately. Basically Watchmen didn't suck.

Out of those four, I hated Jonah Hex and Superman Returns. I still cringe at SR. Jonah Hex was unwatchable for me. I liked GL and Catwoman.

Other than the Superman movie 10 years ago or whatever, what DC movie has been bad since Batman and Robin?

Since Batman and Robin, DC's main movies have been:

Steel

Catwoman

Batman Begins

Superman Returns

The Dark Knight

Watchmen

Jonah Hex

Green Lantern and

The Dark Knight Rises

Nine movies, and five are absolute krap.

They are averaging about the same ratio on their other imprints with cinematic turds like A History of Violence, Constantine, The Losers and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Ron Perlman should be Lobo, and that should be the end of that.

Ron Perlman is a great, larger-than-life character, but I think The Rock might be able to take it over-the-top due to his wrestling personality and background. I mean, Lobo is like a pro-wrestlers persona on steriods, adrenaline and Red Bull enemas.

Ron Perlman is a great, larger-than-life character, but I think The Rock might be able to take it over-the-top due to his wrestling personality and background. I mean, Lobo is like a pro-wrestlers persona on steriods, adrenaline and Red Bull enemas.

True, but when I hear the Rock staring in any movie I may like I get nervous and look away. Just Like I do with Jason Statham. They take whatever part they get.. not much quality filtering going on.

True, but when I hear the Rock staring in any movie I may like I get nervous and look away. Just Like I do with Jason Statham. They take whatever part they get.. not much quality filtering going on.

True to some extent.

However The Rock was good in "Welcome to the Jungle aka The Rundown", Fast Five and Faster. Especially the latter, very good revenge movie.

Jason Statham, good in the Expendables, better in the first Transporter and awesome in Safe.

Are they not the 00's version of Arnie, Bruce Willis & Sly? Arnie can't act but I love Conan, Predator, Running Man, Total Recall, Commando etc. Some of those 80's action flicks are complete cheese but damn enjoyable.

True to some extent.

However The Rock was good in "Welcome to the Jungle aka The Rundown", Fast Five and Faster. Especially the latter, very good revenge movie.

Jason Statham, good in the Expendables, better in the first Transporter and awesome in Safe.

Are they not the 00's version of Arnie, Bruce Willis & Sly? Arnie can't act but I love Conan, Predator, Running Man, Total Recall, Commando etc. Some of those 80's action flicks are complete cheese but damn enjoyable.

Rock has my vote after Faster. That's one of my favorite movies - what makes it work well is that Rock has very little dialogue and no love interest. When you do that - you ensure an awesome flick. I think that is why I have faith in a Lobo movie.

It's hard to find the right actor with the right attitude. In all honesty, the best route would be a complete no-name who manages to have the right look with the right attitude. But for a lesser-known DC title, they are going to need some drawing power.

That's the thing with Lobo. You need someone with the right attitude. Say what you want, but it would have been cool to see Dwayne Johnson give it a go.

Heck, Andrew Bryniarski (6'5" like The Rock) did a decent job in the Paramilitary Christmas Special. So imagine someone with a bigger-than-life personality delivering this role.