• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks good for the Bat so far!

44 posts in this topic

or we could take reviews as an opinion and form our own by going watching it

I'm seeing it regardless and I always form my own opinion but I think there are many of us on the boards that would like to see this thing score super high on the Tomatometer. I'm one of them.

If you enjoy the film why does a "tomatometer" rating even matter to you?

I'm seeing it regardless and I always form my own opinion but I think there are many of us on the boards that would like to see this thing score super high on the Tomatometer. I'm one of them.

Because it's fun...reading reviews, seeing how the movies score...rooting for them to score well, comparing them to other movies, etc.

It was the same with Mass Effect 3. I'm a big Bioware fan. I was buying the game, no matter what, believe you, me. But I really wanted them to go out with an uber high score on metacritic with that thing.

I guess its kind of like having a favorite sports team. You want to see them do well, right?

Because it's fun...reading reviews, seeing how the movies score...rooting for them to score well, comparing them to other movies, etc.

It was the same with Mass Effect 3. I'm a big Bioware fan. I was buying the game, no matter what, believe you, me. But I really wanted them to go out with an uber high score on metacritic with that thing.

I guess its kind of like having a favorite sports team. You want to see them do well, right?

Yes, and like the Browns, win or lose, they will have their fans.

Going to see it this saturday with a private viewing with my LCS. Should be fun and looking forward to it. Hear it is over 2hours long so hopefully it doesn't darg on in the middle like Avengers did.

Roger Ebert's review is "technically" positive but you'd hardly know it by actually reading it.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120717/REVIEWS/120719981

You could say the same thing about his Avengers review.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120502/REVIEWS/120509997

2hrs 45minutes

With movies with running times like this I buy two coffees, a large popcorn and a hotdog before I watch them. :cloud9:

i am buying zero refreshments due to my pregnant lady like bladder at times, i dont wish to miss any of it

2hrs 45minutes

With movies with running times like this I buy two coffees, a large popcorn and a hotdog before I watch them. :cloud9:

i am buying zero refreshments due to my pregnant lady like bladder at times, i dont wish to miss any of it

lol

2hrs 45minutes

I'v heard when you get to that age of you life

that Depends® is your best friend...

:grin:

2hrs 45minutes

lol

I must admit one thing, I am getting that way myself.

I have 100% stopped drinking alcohol at concerts that I really want to see.

I just get tired of going to the pizzer and waiting in line and missing the show.

2hrs 45minutes

I'v heard when you get to that age of you life

that Depends® is your best friend...

:grin:

if, during the film, it got to a point that is important to the plot and i needed to urinate, i think i'd still give the bathroom a miss

Ebert's review pretty much echo'd what I would have expected from a 3rd film. It's a very good movie, but TDK was a very tough act to follow so it was bound to dissappoint to a certain degree.

One thing I noticed about the reviews is that the ones who didn't like it as much, the reviewer was expecting to see a really good "comic book" movie in the sense of all the other types of similar films (i.e. have a little bit of lightness to it). Nolan has gone out of his way to make Batman extremely serious and anything but a comic book movie. The vibe Is very dark and is more 007-like with a bit of Sci-Fi mixed in. Those who approached the film without this view seem to gush over it.

2hrs 45minutes

I had 4 pints of coke before going to see ASM - it was a bad decision.

Ebert's review pretty much echo'd what I would have expected from a 3rd film. It's a very good movie, but TDK was a very tough act to follow so it was bound to dissappoint to a certain degree.

One thing I noticed about the reviews is that the ones who didn't like it as much, the reviewer was expecting to see a really good "comic book" movie in the sense of all the other types of similar films (i.e. have a little bit of lightness to it). Nolan has gone out of his way to make Batman extremely serious and anything but a comic book movie. The vibe Is very dark and is more 007-like with a bit of Sci-Fi mixed in. Those who approached the film without this view seem to gush over it.

apparently when he was pitching Begins he showed them Blade Runner and said he wanted to make Batman like that

apparently when he was pitching Begins he showed them Blade Runner and said he wanted to make Batman like that

Bat-runner hm