• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con (Nov. 3 & 4, 2012)

64 posts in this topic

Hey guys just curious, is this a CA dealer show (not that that is a bad thing), but I can drive an hour to see Heroes and Comic Collector Shop. Besides Terry is anyone else slated to set up, or to put it another way if you had to drive up to NorCal for this exact same type of show is it worth it for the SA/BA back issues?

I go to this show because it's 30 minutes away from me, but to be frank, if it were in NorCal, I wouldn't go to the time/expense.

I heard David Finch cancelled out on the Las Vegas Comic Expo (www.lasvegascomicexpo.com) this upcoming weekend 09/29 - 09/30 too, so he must be on very tight deadlines with his work that prohibits him from traveling and attending these West Coast US conventions.

Just got informed that Finch cancelled

Nooooooooooooooooooo. Finally saved up to get a head sketch from him and books to sign!

Yup. Kinda weird that JSC is not gonna be there too

What, JSC will not be at LBCC? Just re-looked at their site and he isn't listed. Weird, JSC has been pretty much at every So. Cal show the last couple years, wonder why he's skipping this one.

Hey guys just curious, is this a CA dealer show (not that that is a bad thing), but I can drive an hour to see Heroes and Comic Collector Shop. Besides Terry is anyone else slated to set up, or to put it another way if you had to drive up to NorCal for this exact same type of show is it worth it for the SA/BA back issues?

I go to this show because it's 30 minutes away from me, but to be frank, if it were in NorCal, I wouldn't go to the time/expense.

Hey Jeff appreciate the candor. (thumbs u

Just saw that Neil Adams and his son, Joel are both coming to LBCC. You can also preorder commissions according to the release. I should have a mid-grade GL 76 and a few X-men if anyone is into SS.

I will be have two booths numbered #114 along the right side wall.

Ed

I just received an email that the Hyatt is releasing its block or rooms Friday. The Hyatt is basically connected to the Convention Center and the room rate is very favorable. If you are planning to attend, I would suggest you consider asap.

The email also noted that artist alley is sold out while 8 exhibitor booths remain. I think this will be the best Long Beach Con yet. Hope to see lots of Board members there.

Ed

An update to books I will be bringing to LBCC in a few weeks:

AF 15- 9.0 Restored SS Stan Lee- highest SS by far with white pages and no trimming;

ASM 1- 5.0; 8.5 Restored (no trimming);

ASMs that are CGC'd in various grades- 2 (8.0), 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 27, 50, 129 (9.6), 300 (9.8) and many others in between;

Iron Man #1- two 9.6s, one white pages; #55- 9.2 & 6.0;

Walking Dead 1, 2, 8, 12, 19 (9.4 SS), around 40 others including 8 different #100s;

GSX 1- 9.0, 8.0, 7.5;

X-men 94- 9.0, 7.5;

NM 98- 9.8, 9.4

Lots more but hopefully some of you on the fence may see something you like. Working on a few more as well.

Ed

This show is only two weeks away. Where is the love?

Here is a recent announcement on new guests:

With less than 18 days until doors open, Long Beach Comic & Horror Con (LBCHC) today announced an impressive line-up of Young Adult authors contributing to the show this year. Jennifer Bosworth (STRUCK), Daniel Marks(VELVETEEN) and Gretchen McNeil (POSSESS, TEN) will each bring their unique take on the YA genre to an LBCHC panel at 2 pm on Sunday, November 4th and will meet with fans on the show floor.

Remember, if you purchase your weekend pass in advance, you can get into the show at 9:30am on Saturday morning!

JayCompanyComics.com is prepping for a HUGE Long Beach Comic COn. This is one of the few chances we have to bring the "kitchen sink" so to speak, and we will have 4 endcap booths, 2 locations loaded with good stuff. At Table One location, we will have our usual brand of greatness- from the hottest comics, key back issues, variants/exclusives, boxes of Bad Girls, and Alphabet of back Issues from a-z. From Batman & dc52 to AVX & Marvel Now. All the best Hardcovers and collections.

At our second location T-2, we will feature a BRAND NEW 50 cent collection that is loaded with top runs of best titles. Mid 1980s through a few months ago. 60 boxes. Alphabetical by title. Mostly Marvel and DC, with key independents. This is far from crud, as there are gems galore here. We have amassed a number of collections ranging from a single short box to 50 long boxes to entire storage sheds, this is the best material, the cream rises to the top. First come and first served, this is the first chance at this collection.

If you are looking for anything specific, please DM or email me directly at jimmyjay39 (at) aol (dot) com

This show has varied for me but I have picked up a couple of cool books. An nice Adventure from Ed Roberts and a long missing Donald Duck Four Color from Terry. My only complaint on this show is that if you are a Golden Age collector the show only lasts one or two hours. If your interests are broader and span other ages the show might last longer.

I don't regret ever going but I live pretty close; I probably wouldn't drive over an hour for the experience.